Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Rest of the Week…

We really had a laid back remainder of the week since my post on Wednesday. Nothing much on the agenda. It’s a nice break from the usual chaos. I don’t have much to talk about but I have some pictures to share so I guess I’ll just move on to that part.

********************

Thursday and Friday the weather was nasty. As in windy, windy, windy. I can’t complain though because it is usually windy from March thru May and it hasn’t been so I can handle a few days of yucky weather. I did however have to get creative with indoor fun for the kids since we have been so spoiled with non-stop trips to the park. Thursday we decide to head to Barnes and Noble to have some indoor fun with Books, Trains, and Legos. We haven’t been in a really long time so it was a nice treat for the kids.

042620121501042620121498

Reading some books. Autumn was kind of a pain because she was pulling books off the shelf left and right, but I was a nice enough to walk behind her and put them back where they belonged so I didn’t get any nasty glares from employees. Haha. Owen could have stayed on the floor reading all day if I let him. In fact I’m not sure he would have noticed if I left him there. The kid LOVES LOVES LOVES to read! Thanks Mimi for always providing him with lots of fun books to read at home. It is so AWESOME having a teacher for a grandma. She understands the importance of reading!!!

042620121492

After a bit they both moved on the the awesome Thomas the Train Table they have.

042620121493042620121494

And then headed to the Lego Table. Equally as much fun as the trains.

042620121496

And before we left they each had to stop by the toy section and play around. Owen picked out about 5 things he “really wants” for his Birthday. Yep, we are finally at that age where everything he sees he “wants” for his Birthday!

042620121505

When we got home from the Bookstore, Owen was so excited to see that his magazine arrived in the mail. My wonderful Aunt JoAnn and Uncle Bob subscribed Owen to Clubhouse Jr. Magazine, by Focus on the Family. Clubhouse Jr. is a Christian Magazine with Faith Filled fun for kids ages 3-7. Owen LOVES receiving his copy each month and immediately wants to do an activity and read a story. So much fun. Thanks again so much Aunt JoAnn and Uncle Bob!

********************

Bath time is also a super fun indoor activity that keeps the kiddos occupied. The other day I decided to let them fill up the tub really high (in Owen’s words, “as high as a swimming pool”) and let them turn on the jets.

042720121507

They thought it was so awesome having the jets on and watching the bubbles get bigger and bigger. Poor Autumn almost got buried in bubbles!

042720121511

This picture is hysterical! Describes her to a T!!!!

*******************

Friday night I made a delicious dinner so I thought I’d share. Where did I get the recipe? Pinterest of course! I mainly wanted to share it because almost all my friends also pinned this same recipe. It was called Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole. We are big casserole fans in this house because it provides lots of leftovers and leftovers are super kind on our monthly budget. This casserole has Chicken, Wild Rice, White Rice, Carrots, Celery and this amazing homemade cheese sauce. Best thing, there is nothing ‘processed’ in it and my kids both LOVED it!!!!! It did take quite awhile to prepare because of all the prep work, but it was so worth it to have a tasty healthy meal to eat for a few days that the whole family loved. Point is, all my pinterest friends, you must make this!!!!

042720121513

I served it with a delicious Green Salad and some French Bread. Yum, Yum, Yum!!!

********************

Yesterday we dressed in our Broncos Gear to support the 2012 NFL draft. Made Daddy smile extra big when he got home from work….

042820121516

Go Broncos!!!!!

********************

And this morning after church we came home to drop Daddy off so he could head to work and the kids and I headed off to a park to play. We decided to try out a new park, big surprise I know! It is one of my new favorite parks because they both had a blast and there was so much to do. What a great morning!

042920121517

Headed off to explore the new park together. So sweet it makes my heart melt. I love that they have each other. It’s so nice to always have someone to play with. I think we are at the age where they are completely satisfied with each others company and we don’t always have to bring a friend along to have fun. They love each other. They fight, but they honestly love each other.

042920121521042920121522

042920121519042920121518

042920121526

042920121527042920121523

Have a great week!

No comments: