Thursday, April 5, 2012

Date Night, Park Fun, & Easter Goodies…

Date Night:

So after our busy past week and a super busy upcoming weekend, Brandon and I decided at the last minute that we really needed a date night. But since we didn’t want to spend a lot of money we decided we had $15 to spend. We came up with, scratch that, Brandon came up with a nice, fun and budget friendly date night. My mom graciously offered to babysit when she heard I was going to call in our babysitter for the night so that really helped keep the expenses down. Babysitter, cost $0. We went to Costco and had some pizza for dinner, cost $4.80. Next we headed to Walgreens and got some snacks, cost $2.50. Then to Starbucks for a delicious Chai Tea, cost 4.92. And finally we went to the Dollar Theater for a movie, cost $ 4.21. That brought us to a grand total of $ 16.43. We went over budget by $1.43, but seriously I think we did really well. Looking back at our evening, we had equally as much fun as we would have if we would’ve spent what we normally do on date nights. I guess my point in all this is that it is SO SO SO important as a married couple with two kids who consume our every waking second to get out and have some one on one time to reconnect even when you don’t have a lot of money to spend doing so. I love my hubby and could care less what we do on our date nights as long as we are spending time together.

040320121391

Here we are with our snacks, water, and chai tea that we snuck into the dollar theater. Hahaha!

Park Fun:

I can not really believe how amazing the weather has been here for it being spring time?!?! Usually it is 30-50 mph winds from basically March thru May. Point here being that those three months are usually miserable and you are stuck indoors. Well, thankfully that is not the case so far this Spring. With the exception of this past Tuesday, the weather has been wonderful, 60-70’s with very minimal winds. Yay! So that means the kids and I spend the majority of each day at the park, on a walk, or in the backyard. My kids would live at the park if they could, it never gets old to them and I am not complaining since it is free entertainment!

040420121396040420121400

This little girl is a serious Dare Devil. She loves the thrill in things! Here she is insisting on walking across this wobbly balance beam bridge all by herself. A new common phrase of hers is the famous, “No. I do all myself".” O boy, I see lots of bumps and bruises in her near future. Guess that is what happens when a 21 month old likes to think she is 4!

 040420121409

See what I mean. Even Owen still gets a bit nervous on this bridge and holds onto the railings. Autumn is going to give me a heart attack before I am 30!

040420121404040420121405

The kids love walking around the park and finding various things. Here is Autumn with her Pinecone and Owen sniffing the flower he found. Haha. My girl likes Pinecones and my boy likes flowers. See the irony here?

040420121408040420121399

040420121410

Owen cracks me up. Every time we go to the park, or any play area, he immediately choses a kid to make friends with. He walks right over to them so confident and says the following phrase, “Hi kid. My name is Owen Michael Burgess. What’s your name?” Once they say their name he says, “Hi_____. Would you like to be my friend and play with me?” He is so social and loves meeting new people. Than when him and his new friend have to part ways, he always turns to me and very loudly asks me to get their parents phone number so we can invite them to our house to play. Hahaha. I need to enforce that not all strangers we meet are allowed to come over. Any who, the picture above is Owen and his new friend Gabriel climbing the curvy ladder backwards.

This morning we took Daddy his lunch to work and went to play at the park behind the model homes. This is definitely going to become a weekly habit…

040520121411040520121412

040520121416040520121414

040520121418040520121417

I LOVE the bond between siblings. Although the fighting between these two has picked up quite a bit, they really are each others very best friends. They are inseparable and LOVE playing together!

040520121420040520121419

Wild woman.

Easter Goodies:

With Easter right around the corner we have been getting prepared with dye and eggs to boil and so on and so on. Even though I am still really confused how the Easter Bunny and Eggs somehow got mixed in with the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Christ, we are trying really hard to keep our kids focused on how important this holiday really is to Christians. So far I think Owen is really starting to understand what Easter is truly about and how significant it is that God died to save us from our sins. I am so proud of him for being bold enough to share the gospel with everyone he meets who asks him if he is excited about Easter. The kid amazes me on a daily basis. Anyway, one of my very very sweet Best Friends dropped by today with some wonderful Easter Goodies for us…..

040520121423040520121424

She is so very thoughtful! She made us these delicious (and adorable) Easter Bunny & Flower Cupcakes and even got the kids each their own bag filled with Easter Goodies. I am blessed beyond belief to have her in my life. She is defiantly someone I admire and look up to as a Christian, a Friend, a Wife and a Mother. She is a very awesome example and a great accountability partner for me! Love you Melis, and thanks again for all the goodies.

 

That about sums it up. Have a great weekend. We have a very very very busy next 4 days coming up so I will most likely be MIA for awhile!

No comments: