Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Some highlights of our week so far….

Sunday Nights Dinner:

Since I titled this post Highlights from our week I felt the need to include Sunday nights dinner. The Menu was Stuffed Zucchini courtesy Pinterest.com. I told you all I was addicted! I took some pics of the dinner making process so you all could drool…

Stuffed Zuccini 001

My sister goes to the local Farmers Market every Sunday. Last week she asked if there was anything she could pick up for me. I said if she came across any zucchini that would be awesome since I came across a recipe for Stuffed Zucchini. I LOVE Zucchini. Here is what she brought me. They were HUGE!!!

 Stuffed Zuccini 003

I cut them in half.

Stuffed Zuccini 004Stuffed Zuccini 005

I scooped out the “guts”.

Stuffed Zuccini 006

Made a delicious mixture of Zucchini “guts”, Chopped Tomato, Sautéed Onions, Ground Beef, Sour Cream, Curry, etc.

 Stuffed Zuccini 007

Stuffed them…

Stuffed Zuccini 008

Topped them with cheese and bacon bits and threw them in the oven for 25 minutes….and…..

Stuffed Zuccini 009

Deliciousness!

Stuffed Zuccini 010

Served with a side of Mashed Potatoes and Garlic Parmesan Bread and you have one delicious dinner and one happy husband.

The Park:

Monday morning we met some of our good friends at the park. I forgot my camera but the kids had a blast. They only played on the actual playground for about 10 min. The rest of the time they were running around playing in the grass. It was so fun to watch and with all the kids entertained all us mommies got to relax in the grass and chit chat. Perfect way to start the week.

Tuesday Night Mowing the Lawn:

One of Owen’s favorite things to do is to mow the lawn with his Daddy. Or as he calls it, “Giving the grass a hair cut.” Lol. So when daddy said he was headed out the mow the lawn Owen was right there ready to help. In his underwear and all.

 

Stuffed Zuccini 015

Stuffed Zuccini 021

Autumn was sitting in the patio chair watching Brother and Daddy. I mainly put this picture up because you can see her two little bottom teeth. So sweet.

Stuffed Zuccini 025

Owen had to keep taking breaks from mowing to ride his scooter while Autumn was busy crawling around.

Stuffed Zuccini 028

I think Autumn was a bit jealous and felt a little left out. One day sweetheart, one day!

Stuffed Zuccini 032Stuffed Zuccini 037

When they finished Autumn had to crawl around on the freshly mowed grass. She is so precious!

Wednesday Morning Swimming:

That’s right. This morning Owen and Autumn got invited from one of their dear friends Piper to go swimming at her Grandparents house. Since my kids LOVE to swim we had no problem at all accepting the invite. Piper’s Grandparents have a beautiful salt water pool and hot tub in their backyard so us and a few other friends all caravanned to their house for a morning of fun swimming. I wasn’t able to get pictures while we were in the pool since we were out numbered kids to mom’s, needless to say we all had are hands busy. I got a few at the end when the kids got into the hot tub to warm up and some pictures of snack time after swimming. Enjoy, and Thanks again Piper for inviting us to come along. We had a blast!!!

Swim with Piper 003

Having fun in the hot tub. All the kids, minus Autumn, have mastered swimming all by themselves with the assistance of arm floaties. They are all growing up so fast.

Swim with Piper 009

Swim with Piper 001

Owen and Olivia

Swim with Piper 002Swim with Piper 007

Left: Sweet Cami giving Autumn a kiss on her forehead! Awe. Right: BFF’s Olivia & Cami.

Swim with Piper 008

Owen and Cami talking to cami’s mommy Libby. Libby couldn’t join us in the hot tub since she has a baby in her belly! That’s right Cami is going to be a big sis!!!!! Yay, we are so happy for them.

Swim with Piper 013Swim with Piper 016

Time to dry off and have a snack!

Swim with Piper 014

Olivia was so sweet and let Autumn share the chair with her to warm up. So Sweet!

Swim with Piper 017

Here is sweet Piper and her cousin Keenan. Owen and Keenan are about the same age and have similar personalities. Im sure this goes without saying, they had so much fun together. They spent the majority of the time jumping into the pool together. Owen really wanted him to come home with us. Hahaha.

Swim with Piper 022

And when everyone got dressed they had fun just hanging out together. Here is Olivia and Cami dancing.

Swim with Piper 024

And Owen and Keenan were playing chase. The differences between boys and girls cracks me up!!!

When we got home it was a little past nap time and the kids were beat. They both went down without a fight. Naps were awesome today and much needed as they used up every ounce of energy at the pool. Autumn usually wakes up about 20 min before Owen. One of her favorite things to do is to go sneak in bed with brother while he is waking up. She thinks it is so funny.

Stuffed Zuccini 049

See what I mean.

Stuffed Zuccini 054Stuffed Zuccini 058

Then she crawls over and gives him a big kiss. Awe.

 Stuffed Zuccini 047

They melt my heart to pieces.

Sept 1, 2010 002

I had to put this picture up. Its so hard to believe this was them a year ago. So much has changed.

Stuffed Zuccini 057

More Dresses:

I also had another dress order I needed to complete this week.

Stuffed Zuccini 039

I think Shirt Dresses are officially my favorite things to make. I love the idea of taking something old, used and ugly….

Stuffed Zuccini 042

and turning it into something new and beautiful. I love this dress for a sweet little girl. I am also in the midst of a million other sewing projects. Baby shower gifts for my sis-in-law, a few other dress orders and Halloween costumes for my kids. Naps & Bedtimes = Sewing these days.

Remember that pink & white paisley shirt dress I posted awhile back that I made for Olivia?

IMG_1695[4]

Well, here it is. But this time with the a beautiful little girl in it. I love her so much and am so glad she likes her dress. She came over wearing it last week and walked in my house and said, “Thank you so much for my pretty dress nessy.” O my goodness what a sweetie she is.

IMG_1553

Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments: