Thursday, August 18, 2011

1st Day of Pre-School!!!!!

In between wiping the tears from my eyes, I will make it through this post.

Owen had his very 1st day of pre-school today. After 4 months of pure anticipation for this day, I think it goes without saying, Owen was ecstatic! Mommy on the other hand, sad and terrified. Okay, not really, I am so excited for him because I know he is going to absolutely LOVE school, but it means, letting go, stepping back, giving up some control, you know all the hard stuff. Anyway, the morning went perfect. I will give you a little play by play of our morning…

7:30am- Owen got up all ready to go. He jumped up out of bed and said, “Okay Mommy, I’m all ready for school. I go to Ms. Frances’ Class room #4. (Yes the kid has an insane memory. He was just told Tuesday he would be in classroom 4.) Got dressed, brushed his teeth and headed downstairs.

7:50am- Breakfast. I told him he could have whatever he wanted since it was his BIG day. He requested a breakfast cookie bar (aka nutri-grain bar) both my kids love them.

8:00-8:20am- Chilled on the couch while mommy & sister got ready and watched some Little Einstein's.

8:25am- Photo Shoot. Yes, the mamarazzi had to get some shots of him outside the door with his backpack. Every kid has a picture like this, right?

8:35am- Loaded up the car and headed to drop him off.

So here you go, what you have all been waiting for…..

 1st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 005

Now that is 1 handsome pre-schooler if I must say so myself.

I would like to give myself credit for this wonderful idea, but the credit is really due to…..pinterest.com. Yes I am an addict! I should’ve made the font bigger, oops my bad. Autumn’s will come out better. Lets face it 2nd kids just have things better. Lol.

1st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 0061st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 008

A couple family shots.

1st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 0131st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 017

All ready to go. I’m pretty sure this face is him thinking why in the world I’m taking so many pictures.

1st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 0181st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 020

But I was not about to stop. I had memories to make people!!!

1st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 0241st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 025

Leaving the house….and arriving to school!

1st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 0321st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 029

When we arrived all the kids and parents were waiting outside for the doors to open at 9 on the dot! I’m glad we weren’t the only ones excited for school! I think every kid asked about 10 times if it was time to go in yet. Lol.

1st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 031

And after hours of waiting, okay minutes of waiting, Mrs. Marleta came out and said it was time. Mrs. Marleta is the director of the pre-school. She is so wonderful and sweet. We just love her.

1st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 0341st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 035

Walking in….down the looonnngg hallway….

1st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 040

dropped off his backpack in his cubby…

1st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 036

 

1st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 041

and BINGO, classroom #4…

1st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 038

and there was was Ms. Frances waiting to welcome all the children. Owen walked in and said, “Hello Ms. Frwances, I’m here!” so stinking cute. He quickly got to investigating the room. Owen is in a class with 1 teacher and 8 students. Great student to teacher ratio! He has 4 girls and 4 boys in his class, perfect mix.

1st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 043

And before leaving I couldn’t forget to sign him in. Then it was off home, just the 3 of us Sad smile.

1st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 044

Well, since Brandon and I seem to be on a big cleaning/organizational streak lately we decided to pull out the exploding junk drawer and try to clean out/organize it since we only had 1 kid on our hands. Autumn loved helping (I mean getting into EVERYTHIG) and having all the attention on her.

1st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 046

Once we tackled the drawer we moved onto a closet and with an attempt to keep missy occupied she had full control of the iPad.

1st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 0471st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 048

and once the iPad was old news, some delicious cherries did the trick!

Pre-school recap. The day was exactly was Owen was expecting. When I picked him up, he was a bit sad he had to leave. I assured him we would be back Tuesday so we were able to leave without a scene. When we got into the car he was rambling about his morning non-stop and at 100mph. He told me about his show and tell (Owen took his “classic” hot wheel car for show and tell. He told his class his likes to play Hot Wheels with his Pampo and the “classic” car is his favorite.), learning all about the letter E, playing outside, his delicious snack he got and most importantly his new friend he made Jacob. He talked about Jacob a lot. I can’t wait to meet him soon. Owen really needs some little friends that are his age and boys so I am so thankful for Jacob. All in all the day was great, I just can’t believe this chapter of our life has finally began and we are officially parents of a pre-schooler. Thanks for hanging around and listening to me ramble. I need the full story and experience to look back on.

No comments: