Saturday, August 20, 2011

Owen’s Sleepover & Date Night

Owen had a big day on Thursday. Not only was it his very 1st day of pre-school, he also got invited for a sleepover at Nana & Pampo’s house. They actually invited him last Thursday but he couldn’t go because we were having our pictures taken that evening (photo’s to come very soon I promise). Anyway, it actually worked out better this past Thursday since we had our small group Bible Study that evening. We dropped Owen and Autumn off after naps on Thursday, so about 2:30pm. We picked Autumn up at 7pm, they offered to keep her overnight too but we decided to have it be a special night for just Owen. We picked him up the next morning about 10am. To say he had fun would be a complete understatement…he had a BLAST!!!! My parents usually forget to take pictures while they have the kids but this time they were able to snap a few pic of their time with Owen. My mom felt horrible she didn’t get any pictures of Autumn but I assured her that she would never even know. Lol.

Sleepover at Nana Pampos aug 2011 314

So my Dad and Owen went outside to “go water all of Pampo’s bushes & flowers” and somehow ended up getting into a huge water fight. Owen told me Pampo sprayed him first but I was later told that was not the case. Little stinker. His pants look like they are about to fall off because they are so wet. He, I mean they, had so much fun!

Sleepover at Nana Pampos aug 2011 315Sleepover at Nana Pampos aug 2011 316

Sleepover at Nana Pampos aug 2011 320

So my Dad used to make me and my sister this Chef Boyardee pizza in a box growing up. Okay, I know, probably not the best and not very healthy, but we loved it and loved helping him make it. He used to call it “stinky pizza” because while it bakes it leaves a smell in the house for hours following baking it. Anyway, long story short, my parents decided to have Owen help them make some “stinky pizza”. To my surprise Owen would not touch the dough because it was too gooey. Shocking to me since he loves cooking. He had fun helping with everything else though. He did get upset when they would call it “stinky pizza” though, he said it was called “good pizza”. He cracks me up. Him and Autumn apparently loved it and ate a lot.

 Sleepover at Nana Pampos aug 2011 323Sleepover at Nana Pampos aug 2011 324

Sleepover at Nana Pampos aug 2011 326Sleepover at Nana Pampos aug 2011 329

Sleepover at Nana Pampos aug 2011 333Sleepover at Nana Pampos aug 2011 334

And there you have it folks, the “stinky pizza” tradition lives on!

Thanks again Mom & Dad for being such awesome grandparents and being so involved in our kids lives. We love and appreciate you both so much and the kids adore you both. P.S. that sleepover was just practice for when Brandon and I go to Oregon for 3 nights in a few weeks.

 

Last night Brandon and I had a much needed date night. I will say the hardest thing with having 2 kids now is that date nights for Brandon and I are few and far between. We called on the help of our wonderful best babysitter in the world, McKenzie, and she was in. We picked her up at 6:00pm and headed out about 6:20ish. We went to a great local restaurant called Fat Squirrel to eat some dinner. After dinner we were determined to not just go see a movie since we were wanting to spend some quality time together kid free, so we headed to the local Sports Muliplex Area, Blades, to go Ice Skating. Okay, call us lame, laugh, make fun of us, whatever you want…we.had.a.BLAST!  We were both a little nervous since it has been 10+ years since either of us had put on skates but we surprised ourselves. Not a single fall to report. Lots of almost falls, but we managed to keep our balance. A big thanks to my wonderful husband for a wonderful Date Night out. Love you babe!

Date Night Aug 2011 002

Heading out to eat.

Date Night Aug 2011 003

Arriving for some skating fun…

Date Night Aug 2011 016Date Night Aug 2011 006

Gearing up. All ready to go break a leg. Literally, I was so scared at first.

Date Night Aug 2011 005Date Night Aug 2011 017Date Night Aug 2011 007

I LOVE this man. He is not afraid to go have a little night of fun. Much to our surprise, there were also a few other married couples on dates mixed in with some families and then of course the teenage crowd. Lol.

Date Night Aug 2011 011Date Night Aug 2011 015

Showing off my sweet skating skills.

Date Night Aug 2011 013Date Night Aug 2011 012

Brandon looked a little rusty at first, especially when he tried going backwards, but that was not the case at all. He picked up right where he left off when he was 15 my friends. He was a pro on the ice. Lol.

No comments: