Monday, August 8, 2011

Blogging Again?!?!

Okay, it seems as if I am blogging daily these days. Guess that either means I have been really busy and doing lots of fun stuff to blog about or I have way too much free time and am attached to my computer. Well, for my sake, I am going to blame it on option 1. So what have we been doing you may ask?

 Playing w-Friends Aug 2011 075Playing w-Friends Aug 2011 076

Autumn is so desperately trying to walk. This fire truck is her best friend right now because it allows her to walk all over the house. Owen likes it too because it is a free ride for him. She LOVES pushing him all over the place. These two crack me up. I am happy to say she is occasionally taking a few steps on her own here and there. Just a matter of time now and she will be cursing all over the place all by herself.

Playing w-Friends Aug 2011 079

And every trip to the store becomes an opportunity for some fun entertainment on the way out the door…

06042011422

$0.50 for a smile that big is so worth it my friends.

0714201149607142011495

Yesterday after church we came home, Brandon headed off to work and I started getting the kids lunch ready. As Owen requested the menu was PB&J Sandwiches, peas, and mangos. While I was busy cleaning up the house and the kids were busy eating I came back in to the kitchen to check on them and this is what I found….

Aug. 7, 2011 001

Yes my friends, Autumn passed out in her High Chair in the middle of her lunch. I figured either she played really hard that morning at church and was super tired or she just really did not want to finish her peas. Lol.

Owen’s new favorite chore is washing dishes. Why do kids like to help so much when they are little and then later down the road it seems like you have to pull teeth to get them to do chores??? I would really like to say I am that patient parent that loves letting the little ones help, but this is the reality, most of the time I would rather gently push Owen aside when he so desperately wants to help me with stuff and just do it myself because I know I could do it in half the time and with half the mess. But yesterday I bit my lip and decided to let him help…

Aug. 7, 2011 004

glad I did because he had so much fun and was so proud of himself for helping out.

Aug. 7, 2011 007Aug. 7, 2011 009

Aug. 7, 2011 010Aug. 7, 2011 011

So after stepping back and allowing him to help me with the dishes earlier he AGAIN wanted to help me when it came time to cook dinner. I was trying a new recipe from my new favorite website, Pinterest.com (also a slight new obsession of mine), so I knew this was not going to turn out good. So I went to the play room, had him choose some play food and then I gave him a pan and whisk to cook along side of me instead of right with me. Brilliant!

Aug. 7, 2011 013Aug. 7, 2011 016

Owen’s Menu was Ice Cream and French Fries. He is his Daddy’s son!

Aug. 7, 2011 017Aug. 7, 2011 019

And on My Menu was: Tortellini Spinach Bake in a Creamy Lemon Sauce…

Aug. 7, 2011 020Aug. 7, 2011 021

Since my husband doesn’t see a point to a meal without meat, I decided to add some lemon pepper roasted chicken…

Aug. 7, 2011 015

Aug. 7, 2011 024

I should also add that while I was cooking dinner and Owen was finished cooking his, I had to read to him while cooking. Good thing I have always been a good multi-tasker. Lol. I know I am going to miss this someday.

Aug. 7, 2011 023Aug. 7, 2011 026

And here you have it: Tortellini Spinach Bake in a Lemon Cream Sauce with Roasted Chicken + a fresh salad + fresh baked garlic bread  = 1 DELICIOUS dinner!  Thank you pinterest.com.

And then today we made a trip to the Spray Park with our Best Buds, Kaitlyn & Olivia, and My Sister & adorable niece Abigail. It was about 100 degrees out so the water was a huge relief.

 Spray Park w Liv & Abi 008Spray Park w Liv & Abi 015

Owen and Olivia playing.

Spray Park w Liv & Abi 002Spray Park w Liv & Abi 011

Baby Abigail had no problem warming up to the squirting water. She LOVED it!!!

Spray Park w Liv & Abi 012Spray Park w Liv & Abi 010

Spray Park w Liv & Abi 007

Autumn wasn’t as into it as she was last time, could be the fact that she is getting a ton of teeth and just isn’t really happy about much these days, but she loved when Auntie Kait-Kait would take her on a walk. All she want to do is walk around, I guess crawling is lame now. Auntie Kait-Kait is Autumn’s very favorite person in the whole world. She just simply adores her!

Spray Park w Liv & Abi 017

We came prepared with lots of snacks and drinks for the kiddos to give them energy and lots of hydration on a hot hot day!

Spray Park w Liv & Abi 019

Olivia is quite the helper. She had so much fun feeding Autumn and Autumn equally enjoyed getting fed. Too cute.

Spray Park w Liv & Abi 023

The whole gang. Autumn, Abigail, Olivia & Owen. All my favorite kiddos!

Spray Park w Liv & Abi 024

Owen letting his little sis wear his hat for a bit.

What a fun Monday we had. Can’t wait to see what the rest of the week has in store. O Yeah, quick announcement. Brandon and I found out last Friday that my sis-in-law Megan is having…..A GIRL!!!!!! I have been dying to know for the past couple months now. I predict that I am going to be doing a lot of sewing now that I know the sex of the baby! I guess poor Owen was meant to be the only boy in the family. Can’t wait to have another niece for Autumn to play with. Yay!!!! Have a great week!

No comments: