Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Play Day w/Abby & Isaac & Another Dress…

My good friend Jess and I try our very hardest to get the kids together for weekly play days. Abby is 6 weeks older than Owen and Autumn is 6 weeks older than Isaac and Jess and I love one another's company so it really works out quite nice. Unfortunately this summer has been really tough for our weekly visits due to traveling/out of town company. We had planned a day last week and of course my house ended up with stinkin’ colds, so we rescheduled for this week. Today was the big day, Owen had been looking forward to it all week. We arrived at Abby & Isaac’s house at about 9:00am and played until 11ish. The kids had a BLAST, well minus Autumn who is just super fussy from teething, but hey 3 out of 4 happy kids is a good day in my opinion. Here are some pictures from our morning play day at the Beistline House.

Beistline House Aug 2011 013

These two are so adorable. I love Isaac’s little face in the background. Lol. They have been Buds since the day Owen was born and they love to be around each other.

Beistline House Aug 2011 003Beistline House Aug 2011 004

Autumn and Isaac busy in their own little 1 year old worlds. Like Autumn’s new Juicy Couture Swim Suit? Thanks Leanne, I LOVE it!!!!

 Beistline House Aug 2011 005Beistline House Aug 2011 009

Beistline House Aug 2011 017Beistline House Aug 2011 018

They got into a pretty intense water fight at one point. They would get these water balls, soak them with water and then fling the water onto each other. They thought they were so hilarious.

Beistline House Aug 2011 023

This is what they did when I asked them to say “cheese”. Ridiculous. They are too funny. Here they are taking a break to eat their Fruit Leathers, Homemade Muffins and drink their Capri Suns.

Beistline House Aug 2011 025

I took this picture mainly to show you all how insanely talented my Friend Jess is. She made this entire out door dinning table and benches from old pallets. She is amazing!!!

Beistline House Aug 2011 024Beistline House Aug 2011 030

While Isaac was inside napping Autumn was out being adorable and scarfing down one of Jessica’s delicious homemade muffins. Yum Yum Yum.

Beistline House Aug 2011 031

And when the kids got a bit cold from the small play pool, they jumped in the hot tub for a nice warm dip. The heat was turned off so it wasn’t even hot, just luke warm. They loved it!

Beistline House Aug 2011 033

With these 2 there is bound to be a least one moment of fighting. They both have very strong personalities so they clash every now and again. They have a brother/sister relationship but they really do LOVE to be around each other. In this picture they happened to be fighting over a particular “corner” of the hot tub. Can you tell Abby is really bugged with Owen for trying to get in her corner. Lol, they crack me up. To be a kid again when all you have to worry about is which corner of the hot tub to claim as yours.

Beistline House Aug 2011 035

Beautiful Abby being a Model for me. She is so sweet. Thanks again Beistline Family for having us over. We had a blast!

 

It has been awhile since I shared a sewing project with you all so I figured what better time than now? If you thought I haven’t been sewing lately because I haven’t been blogging about it that is definitely not the case. I am pretty obsessed with sewing and would do it 24/7 if I could. But I am a stay at home mom to 2, a wife, and I have a house to run/clean and dinners that need to be cooked and put on the table so that just simply can’t happen. With that being said, I do sew every free second that I get. Sometimes I find myself up until midnight sewing. I just simply LOVE IT!!!! I have had another couple dress orders and I have been on a mission sewing things for my new niece who is scheduled to arrive in January. Unfortunately they are all presents for my Sister-In-Laws baby shower in October so I can not share the photos of all that stuff with you all quite yet, lets just say I have ventured out from just sewing dresses. Anyway, our great friends Matt, Kaitlyn are always doing stuff for us here and there. We are so blessed to have them in our lives and are so so so very grateful/thankful for their friendships. I decided to show them a bit of our gratitude towards them by making a special dress for Miss Olivia. I had so much fun making this for her and think it is by far my best work to date. We went to her house this afternoon to deliver it to her and she loved it.

Beistline House Aug 2011 038

This is another shirt dress. This used to be a ladies XL old Liz Claiborne button up shirt that I snagged from one of my trips to Goodwill. When I saw the fabric I immediately had Olivia in mind because it looks just like her little style. She had a light Pink and Green nursery when she was a baby so I thought of her right away. She loves dresses and thought the yellow pleated trim was a perfect finish for her, very girly. Keeping this dress a secret from Kaitlyn was a huge struggle since we basically tell each other everything! I am so pleased with the results. I wish I could’ve shown you this shirt before I transformed it into a dress, it was pretty ugly.

 Beistline House Aug 2011 039

The back buttons all the way down and the buttons have little rein stone sparkles in them. So Olivia.

Beistline House Aug 2011 044

And the Pink Rick Rack trim was just what the pocket needed to have it stand out and not blend into the fabric.

I can not wait to see precious Olivia in it soon! Love you Altman Family and thanks so much for all you do for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darling pictures and darling dress for Olivia! You are so talented my lovely daughter-in-law!

Love you,
Mimi