Monday, October 24, 2011

Our Weekend

First and foremost I am happy to announce Autumn is FINALLY feeling better. She still has a little cough, but she is back to her old normal spunky little self. Praise God! This weekend was a blast and we barely left the house. Why was it so fun you ask? Well because on Saturday we had my lovely niece Abigail here for the day and then on Sunday we had Owen’s Best Friend Olivia over for the day! Abigail and Olivia are my two favorite little girls in the whole world, other than my own daughter of course, so we really had a blast this weekend.

Saturday

We really didn’t do anything exciting on Saturday while my niece was here. Just the usual trip to the grocery store. Fun fun I know. This week was one of the first times Autumn and Abigail really started to play together. They had so much fun and I just LOVE watching these two girls grow up together.

October 21, 2011 011

Abi brought her walker over for the day. Autumn found out that if she stood on the edge of the walker that she would get a free ride around the house. Both the girls thought it was so funny. I love them so much!

October 21, 2011 002October 21, 2011 005

October 21, 2011 008

This pic cracks me up because they have the same exact crooked smile. Hahaha.

October 21, 2011 013

Don’t worry, Owen was having fun too. Here he is playing on the computer. He LOVES his computer time!

Sunday

Sunday morning we woke up and went to church. When we got home I got a call from my BFF, Kaitlyn. Unfortunately her hubby has been battling a nasty kidney stone since Tuesday and has been in a lot of pain on and off. They decided that it was time to go seek some medical help due to the amount of pain he was in and had been in for going on 6 days. I insisted that they bring their daughter, Olivia, over and I would keep her for the day while they went to the hospital. Olivia arrived around 11am and Owen was bouncing off the walls with excitement. I tried to tell Kaitlyn I would keep her until bed time, but she missed her baby so she came to get her after they finished at the hospital around 4pm. The kids had a great time together. The only time little fights broke out was when Autumn would try and get in the middle of whatever Owen and Olivia were playing. Hahaha. Poor little sister! Here are some pics from our day with Olivia (or as she likes to be called, Princess Olivia).

October 21, 2011 015October 21, 2011 016October 21, 2011 014

The afternoon started with stroller racing. One of their favorite things to do. Autumn wasn’t about to be left out so she grabbed the fire truck to push around. Hahaha.

October 21, 2011 021

Autumn went down for her nap about 45 minutes before these two so we decided to have some fun, some Pinterest fun that is. I found a recipe on Pinterest for “Moon Sand”. Moon sand is basically a mix between mud and play dough. You mix 4 cups of sand, 2 cups of Corn Starch, and 1 cup of water. I didn’t have the exact amount of cornstarch so it didn’t come out the best. It was more like mud than moon sand. O well, the kids had a blast with it anyway.

October 21, 2011 022October 21, 2011 030

October 21, 2011 025

I know. I was a bit brave to let them play with it in the kitchen but we didn’t feel like going outside. They really didn’t make that big of a mess. At least nothing a broom and dustpan couldn’t handle.

October 21, 2011 026

October 21, 2011 034

When Owen and Olivia got up from their naps we decided to move onto project #2, Fruit Loop Necklaces. It also doubled as a good afternoon snack. Here they are stinging their fruit loops onto some yarn. The did need a bit of help, but they had so much fun!

October 21, 2011 032October 21, 2011 031

Working hard.

October 21, 2011 036October 21, 2011 044

I made one for Autumn too so she didn’t feel left out. She thought she was so cool walking around with her necklace. She loves playing dress up these days. She is constantly walking around in my shoes and holding a purse, or as she calls it “her backpack”. Backpack has become her favorite word! Too cute.

October 21, 2011 042October 21, 2011 041

It took them no time at all before they started eating them. What a hit!

October 21, 2011 037

October 21, 2011 045

My next request was to build a fort for them. Olivia called it their castle because Owen was a Prince and she was a Princess. I have been really trying to clean house this week since we are expecting company this Friday so I didn’t want to pull out a whole bunch of blankets. My solution was to drape a couple sheets over the dinning room table and viola, you have a Castle/Fort thingy. They didn’t mind at all, they had a blast. Owen pulled out his tunnel to make an entrance to their castle. Haha

October 21, 2011 046October 21, 2011 048October 21, 2011 049

They played in their castle for a long time. Here they are exiting the castle via the secret tunnel as Owen called it.

October 21, 2011 058

They even decided to have a picnic inside the castle.

October 21, 2011 053

October 21, 2011 059

October 21, 2011 057

And Autumn was in her own little 1 year old world. She is so silly. She mainly just kept going in and out of the castle trying to destroy Owen and Olivia’s picnic. Hey, what are little sisters for?

October 21, 2011 062

After they had enough of Autumn destroying their picnic they decided to go upstairs and play in Owen’s room. Every now and then they would come to the railing and talk to Autumn. This was torcher for Autumn because she wanted to go up and play with them so bad. I was trying to give the older ones some space to play so I kept her downstairs with me. Guess this was pay back for her bugging them. Lol

October 21, 2011 065

And we finished the day off with one last little snack at the table. What a fun day! We absolutely loved having Olivia for the day and would do it again in a heart beat!

On a good note Olivia’s dad, Matt, is doing much better! Yay!

Another Pinterest Dinner

So I can’t really remember the last dinner I have made a dinner that did not come from Pinterest?? Well, last night was another dinner recipe I found on wonderful pinterest and I felt it was blog worthy! I made Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches in the Crock Pot and Honey Roasted Red Potatoes. Yum is all I can say. It was such an easy easy meal and packed full of flavor.

October 21, 2011 066

The Sandwiches were a bit on the spicy side but they were so so delicious and the potatoes were probably the best potatoes I have ever eaten. These will be a staple in my house from now on! I forgot to mention, the sandwiches were made in the crock pot with only 4 ingredients! FOUR! So simple and my Husband absolutely LOVED this meal which means it was a big winner in my book!

No comments: