Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

5th Anniversary! 002

Friday, September, 30th, marked 5 years since Brandon and I’s wedding day!

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

When I look back on the past 5 years, boy have things changed. We bought a house, I graduated from college, we were both baptized and gave our live over to Christ, we had not only 1 but 2 kids and we are now proud owners of a mini van. And that is just a small list of the many life changes we have been through since the day we were married. Even though our lives may have changed a lot one thing remains the same and that is our love for one another. I realize that may sound a little sappy and cheesy, but it is the God’s honest truth. As we each continue to grow in our relationship with God it has also strengthened our love for each other. I am so truly blessed to be this wonderful God loving man’s wife and the mother of his awesome adorable children. Brandon is the best thing God has ever given me and today I celebrate the love and happiness he has sent my way!

With all that said we had a wonderful anniversary. We kept it pretty low key since we will be heading to Las Vegas, NV in January to celebrate Brandon’s 30th Birthday and a belated 5th Anniversary Gift to each other. My wonderful parents came over and babysat for us so Brandon and I could go enjoy a quite dinner together and a movie following that. We went to Lone Star for dinner because that is where we went to dinner just 2 days before our wedding. It just brought back good fun memories. It is so funny the dinner conversations you have after 5 years of being married. Brandon and I spent most of the night discussing where we would each like to have our ashes spread after we die. Hahaha. Not to be morbid or anything, but we finally finished our living will last week so we were both just curious as we would want to follow out each others wishes. Lol. After dinner we went to the movies and saw 50/50. Wow, such an awesome movie. We highly recommend everyone go see it, but if you do, make sure and take about 2 boxes worth of Kleenex as both Brandon and I left the theater weeping! It was quite comical and very flattering that we both got carded going into the theater. Really? Do we not even look 17? Guess we will appreciate that as we get older. Haha. The night was perfect and I am looking forward to another 5, 10, 20, 50 and so on years with the love of my life!

HAPPY 5th ANNIVERSARY BRANDON!!!!!

No comments: