Saturday, October 15, 2011

Our Weekend Recap…A little this & A little that!

From my lack of blogging, as in I haven’t been blogging every other day like I have been lately, I am sure you have guessed we have been busy. You pretty much guessed right, well kind of. It is partly because of that and partly because I wound up with a kidney infection. Yuck. No fun at all. Let’s just say Tuesday was a no good very bad day. Here is a long story for you all, feel free to skip right over this because it is reeeaaallllyyyy long;

A not so fun Tuesday:

I mainly want to share this story because sometimes I feel like blogs tend to glorify the good parts of our lives and then it seems like we have wonderful perfect children and life is a piece of cake. Well, the reality is that life is a continuous struggle and in this house we are having to continually rely on God for the strength to get through the day to day. Don’t get me wrong though, I love this life God has given me and would not change a thing, especially the wonderful children he has blessed into my care. Okay. Tuesday morning started off good other than me felling pretty yucky. Took Owen to school, ran some errands, took Brandon some lunch all the usual normal stuff. Well, I really needed gas so I decided to pack Autumn up a little early to go get Owen from school so we could swing by Costco and get some gas. I put Autumn in her car seat, buckled her all in and then the bad day started. She gave me a kind of strange look and then started vomiting EVERYWHERE!!!!! All over me, all over herself, all over her car seat and all over my car! Needless to say, at this point I was not going to have time to go get gas. I ran inside to call Owen’s school because I was obviously going to be late picking him up. Thankfully I had another car seat for Autumn so I could just switch them out. I cleaned us off as much as possible outside and then ran in to clean us up and change both of us. I attempted to clean out the car as much as possible and put in Autumn’s other car seat. Everything else I just threw in the garage to deal with later. We made it to Owen’s school about 15 minutes late with the gas light blinking a bright red light at me the whole way there and back. Got the kids home, fed them lunch and got them down for their naps. Late of course. Once they were down, I headed out to do some serious cleaning up. At this point, my entire garage REEKED of vomit. I still have the smell engrained in my nose. So so so nasty. I had to completely take the car seat apart to clean every single inch of it. Not fun. My mom showed up half way through and by this point I was literally in tears, remember I am feeling sick this whole time myself. After about a good hour of clean up I had to run out the door for my doctors appointment, which is why my mom was over in the first place to babysit while I went. I had to take her car because I still needed gas so bad and knew I couldn’t make it there on time if I had to stop for gas.  I get to the doctor and find out I have a rather bad kidney infection. Ugh. Guess that explains the nausea and terrible back pain I have had for the last week or so. The day just kept going downhill from there. I ended up having to have Brandon come home early from work because I was in so much pain, and the meds they gave me were making me sick to my tummy, really sleepy, and dizzy. Brandon got home about 5pm and I headed upstairs to lay down. He was so sweet and took the kids out so I could have some peace and quite to rest. I ended up going to bed at like 8:30pm and slept solid until about 8 am the next morning. It was one yucky terrible day. On a good note, Autumn is not sick and I really have no clue why she threw up but she has been fine every since that one time. Strange but I am so thankful she is not sick.

First trip to the Movie Theater:

So that is my long story of my no good Tuesday. Thankfully the kids are all good and I am on the road to recovery although the meds I am on for my kidney infection are still making me sick and I still have 5 more day of taking them. Not fun. Anyway, back to our weekend. By Thursday I was feeling okay, which was good since we had a special outing planned for Owen. We had our wonderful sitter McKenzie come over to watch Autumn and Brandon and I decided to take Owen to his first movie in the theater. We took him to the dollar theater to go watch Cars 2.

Owen's 1st Trip to Movies 001Owen's 1st Trip to Movies 004

Here he is on the way to the movies. I can not express how nice it is to have special one on one time with each kid. Owen was beyond excited to have Mommy and Daddy all to himself for an afternoon.

Owen's 1st Trip to Movies 006

Owen's 1st Trip to Movies 021Owen's 1st Trip to Movies 010Owen's 1st Trip to Movies 018

Owen brought along his Lightning McQueen car to watch the movie with him. We also let him choose a few snacks to bring since we are both way too cheap to buy food at the theater. Brandon made him some Black Cherry Kool-Aid for him to take and he was so stoked! For snacks he chose Popcorn (Yes, we popped our own bag at home and stuffed it in my giant purse. Call us cheap, we don’t care), Pretzels and Gummy Life Savers.

Owen's 1st Trip to Movies 013Owen's 1st Trip to Movies 022

Owen had a blast on his first trip to the theater. We were a little nervous as he is a 3 year old boy on the go and we were unsure if he would sit through it, but he really did good. After the first hour he got a bit fidgety but I think that is expected from a toddler. We are so proud of our sweet boy and can not believe how fast he is growing up. He said his favorite part of the movie was, “when the cars raced really really fast!” He LOVES Lightning McQueen!

Family Fun Lunch:

Friday we decided to take the kids out to lunch to our favorite kid friendly place…Chick-fil-a! The kids LOVE it there as do Brandon and I . Between the food, the play area and most importantly the nice Christian atmosphere and music it is a sure winner for all of us. This was the first time we really let Autumn loose to play there and she had so so much fun.

Owen's 1st Trip to Movies 024Owen's 1st Trip to Movies 025

Eating…

Owen's 1st Trip to Movies 038Owen's 1st Trip to Movies 040

Owen's 1st Trip to Movies 026Owen's 1st Trip to Movies 036

and playing!

Owen's 1st Trip to Movies 032Owen's 1st Trip to Movies 033

A Yummy Dinner:

And my pinterest obsession lives on! I have basically been making all my dinners lately from recipes I find on Pinterest. Let’s just say my husband is loving all this new delicious food I have been cooking up. However, I did make one dinner that was terrible, as in barely edible. O well, I still have fun trying new things. Anyway, I came across this one called Roasted Asparagus Penne in Balsamic Butter. Sounds delish right? Well, before I make any new recipe I always read the reviews. Unfortunately, this one did not get very good reviews. But it just sounded too good not to try so I took my chances and made it anyway. Glad I did because it was AMAZING! Amazing as in my husband had almost 3 full servings! I can see how if you don’t like Balsamic Vinegar you may not like it, but really, why would you try it if you don’t like one of the main ingredients. Anyway, it is defiantly going to be made again and again in our house.

Snow White Dress & Autumns time out! 010Snow White Dress & Autumns time out! 008

The recipe did not call for meat, but I wanted to make it a nice hearty meal so I roasted some chicken breasts when I was roasting the Asparagus.

Snow White Dress & Autumns time out! 011

This was so easy to make. Roast the Asparagus, and Chicken if you want meat. Cook your Penne…

Snow White Dress & Autumns time out! 013

Mix the Asparagus and Penne with some fresh Parmesan Cheese, Balsamic Vinegar, Brown Sugar, and Butter! That is seriously it. So simple and o my goodness, so delicious!

Snow White Dress & Autumns time out! 024

Top the pasta with some shredded roasted chicken and a side of garlic parmesan bread and there is dinner. If you’re a balsamic fan, you must try this recipe! I knew my kids wouldn’t like the flavor of the balsamic so they ate roasted chicken, peas and grapes. Owen’s chose his dinner that night.

Snow White Dress & Autumns time out! 023

He likes to take silly pictures now. This is how he wanted to pose for his “silly” picture. Weirdo!

Snow White Dress & Autumns time out! 016Snow White Dress & Autumns time out! 019

Autumn refuses to sit down to eat! She insists on standing up in her high chair. I don’t care how tight I strap her in it, she ALWAYS finds a way out. She is such a stinker.

The Terrible Two’s:

So pediatricians say that kids can go through their “Terrible Two’s” anytime during their second year of life. Autumn is definitely in her second year of life and she has defiantly started her “terrible two’s”! Well, she was having a major temper tantrum melt down the other day while Owen was at school. We couldn’t quite calm her down and she was being so mean so we decided to try her first ever time out. Warning this is pretty mean of me to take a picture during this time out, but I really wanted this as a memory of the “not so good” moments of parenting. Also, I ‘d like to show her this later in her life when her kids are doing this to her. Haha…

Snow White Dress & Autumns time out! 028

Here she is in the Time Out chair facing the wall. It started off okay until she realized she couldn’t get up when she wanted to…

Snow White Dress & Autumns time out! 029Snow White Dress & Autumns time out! 030

Pitiful, I know. It reminds me of a little boy I used to know….

DSC_0110

Here is Owen in his first time out a couple years ago. I am not looking forward to these days again. Haha.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: