Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My New Hobby!

So as I was standing in Wal-Mart looking at the adorable hair bows debating weather or not my husband would kill me if I bought another $4 hair bow for my daughter; so I thought maybe I could start making them instead of buying them. So I ventured out to Hobby Lobby & Michael's to see if it would be worth it to make bows vs. buy bows. Much to my surprise it is much cheaper to make them yourself. I really had no clue what I was doing, but I figured how hard could it really be with some ribbon, a hair clip and a hot glue gun. Much to my surprise it was pretty easy and really fun. Now I am addicted and loving it! I have made Autumn tons of adorable bows and some for my neighbors new baby girl and of course some for my niece. I have also been wanting to take some 6 month pictures of Autumn and had a great idea to put her in a cute little tutu for her pics. Well, again they are so expensive so I also looked into what it would take to make one myself. I found you can spend anywhere from $20-40 on a tutu and you can make one for under $10. Again totally addicted! Here is some of my work...
This is a bow I made for my little Niece Abigail.
and here is a mini bow I made for Autumn.
Abbi's Pink and Brown Tutu.and Autumn's Turquoise Tutu.

No comments: