Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Moving Progress…

We are T minus 2 days until moving day. As you can guess, things are chaotic around here. I really have no business sitting here blogging right now, but this is how I deal with things. I like to write out, document and mentally process what is going on around here. So it feeds peoples curiosity while helping me cope through this. Win win in my opinion. I really blog for myself than any other reason, its my public journal. Anyway, things around here are actually going rather well. We have packed everything that can be packed and we have unassembled all the furniture that needs to be unassembled; so now we basically wait until the moving truck gets here. Some really awesome friends are coming over tomorrow night to help Brandon move all the furniture from up stairs downstairs that way when we get the moving truck Friday morning all we have to do is load it up with no worrying about the stairs. At this point we are as organized as we will be and as mentally prepared as possible. Can’t wait to see how this next week pans out.

The plans as of now, are the following: Brandon’s Dad gets in Friday morning. While the kids and I go pick him up from the airport, Brandon and some more really awesome friends will be busy loading up the moving truck and trailer. If the truck gets loaded by 3pm, Brandon and his Dad will head up to our new home that afternoon. Brandon is driving the U-Haul pulling a U-Haul trailer and Brandon’s Dad will be driving Brandon’s car. If the truck is not loaded by 3pm Friday, then they will leave at 6am Saturday morning. As for the kids and I, we will be heading up Sunday after church. My mom actually got the week off from work so she is going to accompany the kids and I and stay at our new home until late Wednesday. The main reason for us staying behind for a day or two is to keep the kids out of the way while the moving truck is being unloaded. Crazy next couple days, but I am definitely ready to get this move done and focus on setting up our new home! Please keep us all in your prayers.

Here is the current state of our house….

 Moving Progress July 4, 2012 001

Furniture everywhere,

Moving Progress July 4, 2012 002

The playroom is bare,

Moving Progress July 4, 2012 003Moving Progress July 4, 2012 007

Boxes are in every corner,

Moving Progress July 4, 2012 005Moving Progress July 4, 2012 009

And every Closet and Cabinet is empty.

We have a few random plastic cups and we are eating off paper plates and plastic silver ware. Classy, I know.

O yeah,

070220121772

Eating out at some of our very favorite local Restaurants has been a MUST!

No comments: