Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Big Move…so far

I completely realize that when I blogged about the 4th of July I mentioned that I wouldn’t blog again until we were settled in Colorado and had internet again…. Well, I completely spaced out that my parents have internet so I decided I’ll do my official last New Mexico blog while I am staying with them one more night. Ok, here we go…

I dropped Brandon off at U-Haul at 7:30am Friday morning. While he was filling out all the paperwork, I went to Walgreens to get all the moving helpers some snacks and drinks. Then I headed to my parents, got the kids, dropped off the guys their goodies and headed to the airport to pick up my Father-In-Law who was coming in to drive Brandon’s car back. The guys officially started loading the truck at about 8:30pm. I got back to the house around 10ish and they were well along. We were truly blessed to the amount of family and friends who came out to help up load up the truck. We would have never been able to do it without each and every one of them! Packing was definitely an exhausting process, but it got done. By 2:15pm the truck was loaded, locked and ready to go. Brandon and his Dad were two determined men and decided to face the drive immediately after the 6 hours of loading. I was a bit skeptical and irritated because I was worried they were too tired to be on the road with a long drive ahead of them. I headed back to my parents to spend some time with the kids and relax before I headed back to the empty house to clean. After dinner and baths, I headed back to the house and got it all cleaned and ready for the new owners to move in as of Monday! As for Brandon and his Dad, they had a pretty uneventful drive up, Praise God. Despite the fact that the U-Haul truck maxes out its speed at about 60mph and a pretty heavy rainstorm driving through Pueblo, Co, they were able to pull into his Dad’s driveway at 11pm.

Here are some pictures before they left…

 070520121775

Thanks to Travis, Justin and Scott we were able to bring down all the furniture from upstairs down to the garage on Thursday night to have everything ready to load first thing on Friday morning. Brandon and Scott were shrink wrapping all the dressers until about 9:45pm. A huge thanks to Scott for helping out so much!!!!!

070620121777

Ready to lock up the 26ft. Truck!

070620121779

Which meant it was time to start loading the 16ft Trailer. You never realize how much STUFF you have until you are forced to pack it all up. Geez!

070620121780

And there is Brandon driving off with my entire house in these two vehicles. Yikes!!!!

I would honestly like to take a minute to thank every single person who came out to help load the truck Friday morning.

-Gavin, Matt, Paul, Cole, Noah, Uncle Bob, Jordan, Alan, and Bruce-

(I was completely shocked to find out that my Auntie JoANN, Uncle Bob and Cousin Jordan drove up all the way from NEVADA to see us before we left and to lend a huge helping hand while we packed up. I cannot explain how grateful I am for them!!!!!!)

Brandon would have never been able to get it done so quickly and efficiently with out each of you. You all worked your poor little hearts out for no other reason than to lend a helping hand to your friends. We are truly thankful for you all and are indebted to you forever. Love you all and will miss you so so so so much!!!

Later that evening, my Mom and I went back to the house to let the kids walk through it one last time to say goodbye and for them to visualize what is going on. Owen took it really well and Autumn was a bit shell shocked when she walked in to see everything GONE. Poor babies, it’s so hard for them to understand what is going on. So far they are doing really well with minor meltdowns here and there.

070620121781070620121782070620121783

A picture in our rooms for the last time :(

070620121785

Bye house! I have to admit, I had a pretty big crying session once everyone left and I was standing in my house completely empty. We have created so many memories and gone through some really big life changing events in this home so its really hard to say goodbye. Not to mention the AMAZING neighbors we are leaving behind. This is the home my husband and I came home to after we were married and the home we brought our two beautiful children home from the hospital to so it will forever hold a special place in our hearts. Good bye house!

********************

This morning Brandon headed to our new rental home in Littleton, CO at about 9am. He met with the landlord, did the walk through and signed our lives away, j/k. By 10am he had the keys and was ready to head to his Dad’s house to drive back the U-Haul. At 10:15am, Brandon, His Dad, His Uncle Don and two hired Movers started to unload. At 12:45pm the truck and trailer were completely unloaded. Wow!!!! I can’t believe they got it done so fast! That is about all the info I have up to this point. So to make this extremely LOOONNNNGGGG blog short; The moving truck made it to our new home and has been unloaded and returned to U-Haul.

As for me, I am doing as well as can be expected. I am emotional but looking forward to this next chapter. I am exhausted but Thankful beyond words. Thank you for all who have been praying for us and I as the prayers keep coming as Me, My Mom and the Kids will be driving up tomorrow.

And for all who are curious, the kids have really been enjoying this time with Nana & Pampo before there is going to be a large distance between them…

 070720121787

After breakfast this morning, Pampo set with the pool for some fun in the sun. As you can see I don’t have their swim wear with me so they got to swim in Boxer Briefs and a pair of bloomers. Haha. Poor Autumn’s diaper cover was white and extremely see through. O well, she didn’t seem to mind one bit.

070720121788

070720121790070720121791

In case you can’t tell, they had a BLAST this morning and are completely distracted with all that is going on around them.

 

Goodbye Blog….see you in Colorado!

No comments: