Sunday, May 13, 2012

Our Week

This week mainly consisted of me getting over a sinus infection, Autumn getting over (yet again) another ear infection, and lots of cleaning and decluttering (cleaning out closets, drawers, cabinets, etc.). As most of you know we have had our house on the market for the past couple months; we should know within the next week or two weather the offer that was put in is going to officially going to go through. Mainly waiting on appraisals and stuff like that. Any who, with moving day getting close and closer in sight, I have been on a massive cleaning/decluttering streak. I am hoping that getting rid of stuff now will make packing so much easier. There have been drop offs to Good Will just about every day this week. The most moving I have ever done was from my bedroom in my parents house into our house a mile down the road, so I am completely new to this. Anyway, with sicknesses and cleaning I don’t really have much to share other than some fun pictures from the past week so here we go…

******************************

This week was Teacher Appreciation week so Owen and I wanted to make sure and do something for Ms. Frances. Of course my trustee pinterest helped me think of lots of fun little gift ideas and Owen insisted on making her a special card. Here is what we came up with.

  Teacher Appreciation & Misc Pics 007Teacher Appreciation & Misc Pics 006

Here is the wonderful card Owen made for her. Ms. Frances will always be very special to us as she was Owen’s very 1st teacher! She is wonderful and has been such a blessing to my sweet Owen. I believe God knew she was the perfect fit for Owen and put her especially in his life. Thank you again so much Ms. Frances for touching the lives of all the children you teach, you are absolutely WONDERFUL!

Teacher Appreciation & Misc Pics 003Teacher Appreciation & Misc Pics 002

And here is the gift pinterest helped me out with. She got this fun reusable cup that was filled with Instant Green Tea Packets, A Pack of Gum and A Starbucks gift card with a tag that says, “Thanks for quenching my thirst for knowledge.” Such a fun gift idea! Owen was so excited on Tuesday morning to take Ms. Frances her special gift and card.

Here is a quick shout out to all the wonderful teachers I have the privilege of knowing: You are all such an inspiration and touch so many lives. You are over worked and underpaid and truly have a passion for children. I love you all and a huge THANKS for all you do!!!

Tuesday morning was also very exciting for Owen because this was his last time being “Snack Boy” for this school year. He LOVES being snack boy because he gets to be line leader and he gets to be in charge of the calendar for the day. This weeks snack was also a pinterest find, Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies….

Misc May 2012 114

These were so easy to make and super delicious. I now have my #1 go to recipe for ripe bananas. Healthy & delicious!

Misc May 2012 116

And they got some Grape Kabobs and juice boxes too! I think I love snack day almost as much as Owen! hahaha

**************************

What else? My kids are full of energy and are always up to something. This is what I walked in on the other day…

050520121582050520121583

Yes. Autumn & Owen found an ‘unlocked’ cabinet so immediately begin to play. They were taking out pots and pans and sitting in them. Lol. They crack me up! And please don’t worry, if we have you over for dinner, I promise to clean out the pots before cooking your food.

Speaking of food, I found another great recipe on pinterest, Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas. Yummy. I would like to say the whole family loved them but that wasn’t the case, the kids didn’t really seem too thrilled with them (I do have two very very very picky eaters) but Brandon and I thought they were delish! Anyway, point is, if you like enchiladas this is a nice way to make them a tad different.

051020121599051020121598

Yum yum yum!

***********************

The kids worked very hard making special cards for their Nana & Mimi for Mother’s Day….

050920121596050920121597

*************************

Next week is Owen’s last two days of preschool for the year. So sad, he is really going to miss it. Anyway, he has pajama day on Tuesday and they get to watch a Veggie Tales Movies and eat popcorn. Needless to say he is so so so excited. To make it extra special for him, we took a trip to JoAnn Fabrics (or as Owen calls it Auntie JoAnns Fabrics. Lol, this is because he has an Auntie with the name JoAnn) and I let him pick out any fabric he wanted so I could make him some special pj’s for pajama day!

051120121602051120121606

Owen spotted the perfect fabric within seconds of walking in the store. Hot Wheels fabric with tons of cool “hot rods” (his favorite kind of cars) all over them. Anyone who knows Owen, knows he is OBSESSED with hot wheels. He LOVES LOVES LOVES his new pj shorts and wants to wear them all day now! So glad a simple pair of pj shorts can make him so happy!

************************

There was a much needed trip to Burger King this week to burn off the endless amounts of energy my kids seem to have.

051220121615051220121619

051220121621

051220121618

051220121616051220121620

They LOVE this play area and it is the cleanest one in the state I believe! I mean it. It ALWAYS smells like Lysol every time we go. Thank you BK for continually cleaning this play area, it really helps your competition with McDonalds and my kids like your Chicken Nuggets so much better!

********************

And Praise the Lord, we have been getting some much much much needed moisture here the past few days.

051120121607

Whoo Hooo!!!!

And what better thing to do on a cold rainy day than to curl up on the couch with your favorite person….

051220121622

I am blessed beyond words!!!!!

051220121623

 

Have a Happy Week and Happy Mother’s Day to all the Wonderful Mommies out there. Especially to the two Mommies in my life, I LOVE you SO SO SO SO much Mom & Mama B, you two ladies mean the world to me! I will be back tomorrow with pictures from our Mother’s Day Dinner this evening at my parents.

No comments: