Saturday, May 19, 2012

A little this, a little that…

This is another post that kind of doesn’t have a real title or purpose other than I have some fun pictures and a few good recipes that I wanted to share from our week. Owen also had his last week of Pre-school this past week but that deserves a post of it’s own, so I will try and do that post tomorrow. Okay, onto our week, here we go…

*********************************

We started our week off with an evening spent with our besties, Melissa, Aiden, Averie and Aubryn. Melissa’s husband is out of town for the week so the kids and I have no problem keeping them company while he is away. This particular evening, Owen and Aiden were upstairs playing video games (there are major perks for Owen having a best friend that is 3 years older than he is), Aubryn & Autumn were out back playing in the playhouse and Averie was across the street playing with her friend. Needless to say Melissa and I usually have it pretty easy when our kids hang out. We get to sit back and chit chat while mildly supervising the kid.

051420121624

Aiden has a Cars 2 video game for the XBox that him and Owen like to play. Just like his Daddy and already LOVES video games. Aiden is so patient with Owen and Owen just simply adores Aiden! Love these kiddos.

051420121625051420121627

And there are really no words for these cuties. They absolutely LOVE playing together. Here they are enjoying their Ice Cream Sandwiches Melissa gave them. They both scarfed them down in seconds. Hahaha

**************************************

As you all know, I have been on a massive cleaning phase on my house as we are preparing to pack up the house. Well, I am not sure if you all are aware, but I am a consignment shopping queen. I know some people get grossed out at consignment shopping or shopping at used stores such as Garage Sales, Goodwill or Savers but my motto is simple, “Buy Used and Save the Difference.” This little addiction of mine started when Owen was about 6 months old. As you know, kids out grow clothes so fast so I can’t justify buying them brand new clothes unless they are massively on sale. Anyway, there is a store called Other Mothers here in Albuquerque that I just LOVE. There is no doubt that they majorly lack customer service and can be very rude at times, but I keep going back so they must be doing something right. Other Mother’s is a consignment shop for Babies, Kids and even has women’s clothes. Needless to say when I clean out my closets and the kids closets I take all of our stuff to Other Mothers and get store credit. Well in the past 2 weeks I compiled over 5 bags of stuff (clothes, shoes, toys, baby stuff, etc.) and I got a whopping $129 in store credit!!!! I was super excited. I had no problem spending my credit and came out with a ton of stuff (clothes for me, summer, fall and winter stuff for both kids, toys, shoes and even a new booster car seat for Owen. So there you have it, I love to shop used!!!

 051520121628

Here is what a typical shopping trip there looks like for me. Lol. Good thing the kids were with Daddy because there was no room in the cart!

*********************************

Here are the kids enjoying their weekly trip to Joann’s Fabrics with Mommy….

051620121630051620121631

****************************************

So you all are aware of my Pinterest Obsession, blah blah blah, nothing new I know. Anyway, I think about 95% of all the dinners I make around here are recipes I find on pinterest. I love to cook and I love trying new recipes so here are two that I thought were delish and were worth sharing. Plus my 2 kids who are extremely picky eaters both loved them so they must be real winners.

First up we have Crispy Cheddar Chicken.

May 17, 2012 002

May 17, 2012 006May 17, 2012 001

I realize my pictures probably do no justice to how good this was. So I am not claiming this recipe is “healthy” due to all the cheese and ritz cracker crumbs, but it is baked instead of fried so it could definitely be much worse for you. They tasted kind of like the most amazing chicken nuggets you’ve ever had with cheese! Yum. We all ate our dinner in seconds this night. I can’t tell you how delicious this was. You even make a yummy cream sauce to top the chicken with.

Second, we have Chicken and Rice Alfredo Casserole.

May 17, 2012 057

This was also very yummy. It has Chicken, Rice, Peas and Red Sweet Peppers mixed with a delicious Alfredo Sauce topped with toasted bread crumbs. Again another family winner!

Point of these recipes is that if your my pinterest friends, you must repin and make these dinners!

***********************************

The following pictures really need no explanations….

May 17, 2012 015

Okay, 1 comment. Abi is wearing the dress I made her out of her mom’s old scrub top. I LOVE recycling old clothes into new clothes. She looked adorable in this little dress.

May 17, 2012 016

May 17, 2012 017May 17, 2012 019

ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

**********************************

And I will end with our very fun trip to the zoo with some more besties; Jessica, Abby & Isaac. Even though there were about 20 filed trips at the zoo while we were there, we really had a GREAT time. All 4 kids were on their best best best behavior! So much fun.

051820121636051820121637

All ready for their zoo trip.

051820121638

051820121639051820121641051820121643

051820121644051820121645

So so so sweet. Sometimes, these two act as if they haven’t seen each other in years and they are making up for lost time. They crack me up!

051820121647

They HAVE to get their picture taken on this EVERY time we go to the zoo. So cute!

051820121646051820121648

Wanted to point out a great idea I found on Pinterest. You know how the little umbrella strollers aren’t very stable and fall over if your kid gets out if you have something hanging on the back? Well here is your solution, Wrap Ankle or Wrist weights around the front wheels and your stroller will never tip backwards when your kid get out. Genius I tell you, Genius!!!!!

***************************

Thanks for  hanging in through this very random post. Have a great weekend!

No comments: