Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Fun

Before I get onto our Friday fun, this is how yesterday started off….

050320121557

A trip to the doctors. After I dropped Owen off at school, Autumn and I headed to the doctors. My nasty cold turned into a yucky sinus infection. Thank goodness for the wonderful iPad, Autumn was super quite and very well behaved while I got all checked out.

050320121558

The doctors orders were, lots of fluids, 1200mg Mucinex DM 2 times a day and 10 days of antibiotics. No fun. I somehow made it through the day and my wonderful husband took the kiddos to the park after work to give me some down time to rest.

After a day of antibiotics and a full nights rest, I woke up today feeling a bit better. Not great, but better. So since I am a stay at home Mom to a Preschooler and a Toddler there is not much time for rest, sick or not, so today proceeded like any other normal day. We started off with a trip to the grocery store and then to Burger King for lunch (mainly so the kids could burn off energy while I got to sit back and watch). Also I didn’t have to make lunch, added bonus. Then home for naps, for all of us that is. After naps the kids really wanted to go to the park, so after lots of convincing we headed off to the park. Again, great way to let them burn off energy.

Real quick before I get on to pics from our day, I wanted to show off this super cute dress I made for Autumn. I love the way she looks in halter tops, so I decided to be brave and design my own halter summer dress for her. I didn’t use a patter or tutorial, so I was super pleased with my final product…

050320121560050320121561

Doesn’t she look adorable in it? I LOVE making little girl dresses!

Okay, back to today….

 050420121563

Here they are all loaded and ready to go. Today was a big day for Miss Autumn. Why? Well because she finally got to turn her car seat forward facing. She was so excited! We figured with her second Birthday right around the corner and her weight increasing (slowly but at least increasing), that today was the day. She was very pleased.

050420121566050420121565

These kids LOVE to swing. Don’t they look so grown up?!?! I can’t believe my babies are almost 4 & 2!!!!!!!!!

050420121567

I tell you this girl is one little dare devil. She thinks just because she sees her big bro do something that she should be able to do it too. Crazy girl spent almost her whole time at the park trying to master this curved ladder. And anyone who knows this child's determination, knows she HAS in fact mastered this ladder. Crazy Kid!

After the late afternoon park trip it was time to head home and get dinner ready. Tonight’s menu was Baked Chicken and Spinach Flautas with Corn and Beans. Yum yum yum. Another Pinterest Recipe of course…

050420121575

And here you have it. It was so delish and the whole family LOVED it. Another winner in the Burgess household. For those who don’t know, A Flauta is basically a baked Taquito made with a flour tortilla instead of a corn tortilla.

 050420121573050420121572

After dinner we all headed out back. The kids played while Daddy mowed the lawn and I sat back and watched since I am still feeling kind of crummy. After daddy mowed the lawn he needed to water the grass a bit in some of the spots the grass isn’t growing so well. The kids decided it was really just time to get WET and have some fun.

050420121578

050420121577

050420121579

And once a little gust of wind came, Owen was no longer too excited about his idea to get soaked in the hose. Hahaha.

Happy Friday, Enjoy your Weekend!!!!!

No comments: