Friday, April 29, 2011

Owen’s 1st Fishing Trip & His New Best Friends

Yesterday was a fun filled day for Owen. He got to go on a special trip with Nana and Pampo to go Fishing for the very time. If you know my Dad you know he is an avid Fisher. He goes fishing at least every other week, rain or shine, hot or cold. Well, since Fishing always seemed to gross my sister and I out when we were kids, my Dad is determined to get Owen into it. Mission accomplished, he LOVED it! They took him to a place about 5 miles outside of Albuquerque called Shady Lakes. It is a small family owned lake where you are basically guaranteed to catch a fish.  Not much of a challenge for my Fisherman Dad, but it was the perfect starting point for Owen. My parents said Owen had a blast and was a pro at reeling in his line. He had his very own Spiderman Fishing pole and successfully caught 2 fish with it. He came home and told me he caught two 12 inch trout. He was so proud of himself and had so much fun on his special trip with Nana and Pampo. They won his heart over even more when they took him to McDonalds afterward for dinner. He ate his entire Happy Meal and was even treated to a Hot Fudge Sundae for dessert. He was one spoiled little boy yesterday and slept extra well last night. Well, of course, my Mom’s camera battery died right after arriving to the lake so we only have before and after pictures of his fishing trip. So sorry. I guess he will have to go fishing with them again for some action shots of him fishing.

SAM_2854

Here he is on the drive to the lake. I’ll explain the giant snake around his neck in a second.

SAM_2857SAM_2858

SAM_2856

Nana & Owen

Nana, Owen & a Fish. My Mom has become quite the fisherwomen herself over the past couple years. 

SAM_2861

This is in my parents backyard when they got home. Here is one of his fish.

SAM_2863

Owen, Pampo and their Fish. So cute. I hope Owen becomes my Dad’s favorite Fishing Buddy.

 

Okay, now onto explain that giant snake in the picture above. Brandon had a sales meeting for work at the zoo a couple days ago. After their meeting they were split into teams and had to go on a scavenger hunt. Well, of course my husbands team won, how could they lose with Brandon on their team? Anyway, they were awarded with giant stuffed snakes. Fitting, I guess, since they were at the zoo. Brandon got a shiny blue snake that he gave to Autumn and a black and white stripped snake that he gave to Owen. Owen has become obsessed with these stuffed snakes and Autumn could care less about them. Owen named them Gil and Molly, which are the names of two characters in his favorite cartoon The Bubble Guppies. He is so funny with these darn snakes and has become inseparable with them. He literally has to take them everywhere and they have to do everything with him, hints why Gil was around his neck on the drive to his fishing trip. Here are a couple pics of Owen, Molly and Gil. Lol. I am sure there will be more of these three in the future.

SAM_2871SAM_2865

Owen talks to them as if they are real live people. He says, “I Love you Gil and Molly, you guys are my Best Friends.” Cracks Brandon and I up.

SAM_2868

He pets them….

SAM_2883

and even reads to them!

SAM_2876SAM_2878

And these are just for fun because a blog is never complete with out a picture of my little baby doll. What a stinker!

No comments: