Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My New Sewing Endeavor

Well, I decided since I conquered my curtain making that it was time to try sewing something else. I am still in the process of completing curtains for our Master Bedroom, but in the mean time I wanted to try something new. Has anyone ever heard of Pillowcase Dresses? There are many different types of pillowcase dresses, some are very simple and some are much more elaborate. Anyway, a pillowcase dress is basically an “A Line” dress with ribbon that ties on the shoulder. I don’t work well off of patterns so I pulled up a few dresses I liked on the internet and decided I would give it a try. Since we are going to a Colorado Rockies game for the 4th of July I decided to get some Rockies fabric and make Autumn a little dress to wear to her first baseball game.

Rockies Dress 011

Here is my final product! It’s a little big on her now but she has 2 months to grow into it or I may need to take it in a little. Not too bad for no pattern and my first attempt at making a dress. Autumn looks so stinking adorable in it. Well, anyone who knows me, knows I like a good challenge every now and again. We got invited to my cousins daughters birthday parties, Alicia who is turning 3 and Marisa who is turning 1. The party was on Saturday. I decided at 7 pm on Wednesday night that it would be cute to make them matching dresses with matching bows for their Birthdays. Well after two nights of sewing until about midnight, I finished. These ones came out so much better than my first one.

Easter 2011 004Easter 2011 003

The three bows clipped on the sides of the dress are not attached to the dress. I clipped them on the side as three different hair bow options for each dress.

Easter 2011 005

They are actually so much fun to make and I am becoming obsessed with sewing now. They are so inexpensive to make and now that I know what I am doing each dress only takes me about 2 hours from start to finish to make. I am thinking about selling them, since Autumn and my niece can only have so many dresses. I haven’t set up a website for them quite yet, but if you or anyone you know are interested in buying one please let me know. Friends and Family members will get a discount from normal pricing.

No comments: