Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tutu’s, Bow’s & Sewing O My!

So in an attempt to find a hobby I could enjoy, I stumbled upon three new hobby’s. As I am sure you remember from a post awhile back I had started making Tutu’s and Bow’s. I started the bow making mainly because Autumn always has a bow in her hair and I was breaking the bank buying them all the time. I also started making Tutu’s because I really wanted to take Autumn’s 6 month pictures in one and realized that they too are also very pricy. Well 5 of Owen’s little friends had birthdays in March and I figured what a perfect gift, Tutu’s and Bows. Needless to say I have been very busy making them as Birthday gifts for all of Owen’s little girl friends (not girlfriends, friends that are girls). I don’t have pictures of all of the Tutu’s and Bows that I have made over the past couple months but these are a couple.

March 6, 2011 001March 6, 2011 003

Beginning of Spring Cleaning 2011 029March 4, 2011 057

I also decided to make bow hangers for the bows. It doubles as a cute wall decoration for a little girls bed or bath room.

DSC_0005     DSC_0002

If you have been following my Blog since February of last year, you would know that I took a sewing class. My wonderful husband got me a sewing machine for Christmas of 2009 because sewing is something I have always wanted to learn how to do. Well in my sewing class I made a small handbag and some comfy pajama pants. I have also done some minor sewing stuff here and there since then like making burp cloths, hemming pants (because I am a midget and everything is way too long for me) and taking clothes in. Then as you all know in July I had my second child and poof my sewing attempts got shoved to the back burner because I just simply had no time for it! Here we are 8 months later and I decided to dust off the poor old sewing machine and get started on a new project. I have been dying to get some curtains for my house for the past 4.5 years so I decided to try and make them. Well, with no real sewing experience and no pattern to go off of, I went to the fabric store and came home with a few piles of fabric and lots of thread. My very supportive husband cheered me on, while I really had no clue what I was doing, even though I think he secretly thought I was in way over my head. Well friends, I did it! Yay! I officially have curtains up in my Kitchen and Dinning Room. Though there are some things I would do differently on the next ones, I think they came out pretty darn good for little sewing experience and no pattern to work off of. Okay, I know all everyone really wants are the pictures and for me to quit rambling on and on so here you go…..

DSC_0018

Kitchen Window.

DSC_0009Finnleys Bday Party 2011 058

Finnleys Bday Party 2011 059

Stay tuned, I am working on Brandon and I’s bedroom next. I just need to wait for my 50% off coupon at JoAnn’s Fabric to start, April 3rd, Woo Hoo! The Living Room and Family Room are next in line after that. Really I am not trying to brag, I am just very excited, as is my husband, that I am finally putting my nice sewing machine to use 1.5 years later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so talented, my dear!!!
Great job on the curtains! I am proud of all you do for your family and friends! YOU ARE AWESOME!

Love,
Mama B.