Saturday, March 5, 2011

Our Weekend

I know the weekend is actually considered to be Saturday and Sunday, but the weekend in the Burgess Household is on Thursday and Friday since those are Brandon’s days off. Alright, now that we got that all cleared up for those of you who were thinking I may be going crazy. Our Weekend was busy to say the least.

We started our Thursday off by babysitting my niece for about an hour so my brother-in-law could go to the dentist. My poor sister had to go back to work this week after having 13 weeks off to care for her new baby so now her husband is playing Mr. Mom on the days she has to work. Anyway, we helped him out so he could go to his appointment. We had a blast with her. Both our kids were napping while she was over so Brandon and I had so much fun having all our attention on her. We forgot how easy a 2 month old can be, they are pretty content just hanging out.
March 4, 2011 002March 4, 2011 008
Without sounding conceded, I think she really loves us. Lol. Can you tell we are very proud to be Auntie Nessa and Uncle Bo to this adorable little girl.
 March 4, 2011 010March 4, 2011 006
I can’t wait for her and Autumn to become little BFFs.
 
Owen had a big day on Thursday. It was his official 1st sleepover at Nana & Pampo’s house. My parents decided since Owen is almost 3 now, they really wanted him to sleepover on Thursday night. Owen was beside himself and had so much fun. Brandon and I also enjoyed having a little break and having some one on one time with little Autumn. We quickly forgot how easy life was with just 1 little one to care for. Although we enjoyed our time from Owen we also really missed the little guy. The house was way way way to quite without him and we honestly missed the chaos he brings in this house.
March 4, 2011 015
My baby boy all grown up and ready for his 1st sleepover. My mom took him to lunch at McDonalds on Friday and said she would have him home by noon. I have to admit, Brandon, Autumn and I were sitting starring out the window at 11:45 Friday morning just waiting for him to be home. We missed him so much.

I think Owen equally missed us because he was pretty clingy and wanted to be held a lot when he arrived home. I asked him if he missed us and he said, “Yes Mommy I missed Autumn so much.” That melted my heart. He loves his sister so much.
March 4, 2011 035March 4, 2011 034
Here he is teaching her how to play the piano.
March 4, 2011 030March 4, 2011 032
Autumn loves music! She is so precious.
March 4, 2011 028
I think he missed his Daddy a lot too. Wherever daddy was Owen was right by him.
 
On Friday evening we had some of our good friends over, Travis and Brittany, who we haven’t seen in quite sometime due to life's crazy schedules. They have a little boy named Jace who is about 6 weeks older than Autumn. Brandon grilled up some delicious T-Bone steaks and I made mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. Boy was it a fun night. We had so much fun catching up with them and seeing Autumn and Jace play together.
March 4, 2011 020March 4, 2011 021
Owen had a blast helping Daddy husk the corn. Go figure the kid loves to be in the kitchen!
March 4, 2011 041March 4, 2011 043
Aren’t they adorable. They have the exact same color of blue eyes.
March 4, 2011 044March 4, 2011 048
They really had so much fun playing together, although I think Autumn was a bit envious that he could crawl all over the place. She is trying so hard she just can’t figure it out yet. Soon sweetie.
 
And we also managed to start the early stages of spring cleaning in the Burgess house. Beginning of Spring Cleaning 2011 026Beginning of Spring Cleaning 2011 027
Yep, we started by cleaning out our closets. Believe it or not all 4 1/2 bags full of clothes came from just Brandon and I’s closets alone. It is so sad how much we can hold onto that we never wear. I can’t wait for all this stuff to go to people who are truly in need of it. We still have a long way to go for spring cleaning but we had to start somewhere.
 
Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: