Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Another Busy Week…

This week was uneventful but nonetheless, busy. Me and the kids have spent most of our time at home not really doing too much since both the kids have really nasty runny noses. I have been debating weather it is a cold or allergies. I think I have finally came to the conclusion that it is allergies since the mucus is clear and one day they have a cough and the next they don’t. As spring arrives so does the nasty New Mexico winds which always stirs up the allergies in our household. Forgive me for rambling, as you can tell I haven’t spent much time socializing with anyone other than my 2 kids. Anyway, what have we been up to so far this week? Well, we started the week off visiting Owen’s reward board…

March 1, 2011 003

So as you can tell, not the best week for little Owen. I never want my kids to feel like they have to always get strait A’s or that they have to be really big overachievers, but barely sneaking by aren’t exactly my hopes either. This past week Owen needed to get 28 stars in order to get his reward and as you can see he got exactly 28 stars and that was being nice. His problem areas this week were; Listen to Mom & Dad, No Yelling and No Whining. I keep hearing 3 is a harder age for little boys than 2 and if that is the case I may not live through it! Owen had a rough week with testing his boundaries and just simply driving Brandon and I crazy. We are just trying to remain consistent in our disciplining and pray, pray, pray for guidance on how to teach Owen to be a Godly little boy.

Beginning of Spring Cleaning 2011 030Beginning of Spring Cleaning 2011 031

Since we must remain consistent, we had to follow through with Owens reward for the week even though I really did not want to since I don’t feel that he honestly deserved it after the week he had. Anyway a promise is a promise. He got to download a new episode of his new favorite show Bubble Guppies for the iPad. Here he is enjoying his reward.

 

On Tuesday morning we had the privilege of watching a very good friend of mine’s daughter Averie. She just turned 4 and her and Owen always seem to enjoy one another’s company.

March 1, 2011 010March 1, 2011 009

They really had so much fun playing Legos together.

March 1, 2011 014 March 1, 2011 017

After Legos they went upstairs to Owens room to play with his train table. While they were going through his toy box upstairs they decided to pull out the tunnel for some fun. Boy did they have a blast.

March 1, 2011 007March 1, 2011 008March 1, 2011 015

Autumn always seem to have fun just watching and admiring the older ones playing. She is so sweet!

 

Later Tuesday evening I also had the pleasure of watching my other friend Leanne’s kids, Finnley and Linkin, again. She is a personal trainer and trains out of her gym in her garage so I will probably watch them at lease once a week for a couple hours here and there. Owen and Linkin were pretty moody that afternoon but they still managed to have a good time together.

March 1, 2011 019

March 1, 2011 020March 1, 2011 021

Playing Fire Fighters. How ironic since Linkin’s dad is a Fire Fighter.

March 1, 2011 025

Finnley Loves Autumn and I think Autumn equally loves her. Here is Finnley tickling Autumn’s cheeks. They are too cute.

 

And when we are not busy babysitting we are usually either cooking or reading. Owen’s two favorite things to do.

March 1, 2011 001March 1, 2011 005

On the left he is helping me make a special sauce for my spinach and cheese meatloaf, which by the way turned out amazing, and on the right he is reading his favorite Dr. Sues book about the ABC’s.

No comments: