Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dad & Mom’s Visit!

Yes, as in my Dad & Mom. As in Pampo & Nana. As in, pure excitement.

My Mom called last Monday evening and mentioned her and my Dad really wanted to come visit. She said they were possibly thinking of coming Friday evening, but they weren’t too sure my Dad could get the time off from work. I tried not to get too excited at the time because I was afraid it wasn’t going to happen so I didn’t want to get my hopes up. Well, Wednesday morning I got the call that they were for sure in fact going to come! I hung up the phone screaming with pure excitement. I know some of you think I am crazy because its been only 2 months since we have seen each other, but I am a total Mommy & Daddies girl. I LOVE my parents so much, they mean the absolute world to me so 2 months has been a really really really long time. I am so blessed to have two of the most amazing parents and we are super close, so this move has been really hard on us all. Not to mention my kids adore them and have also been really missing them. I guess what I am trying to say is we ALL really needed some good quality time together.

They arrived about 4:30pm Friday evening and left Sunday at 6pm. Although it was a quick trip, it was so awesome. We didn’t really do much as far as sight seeing mainly because we were all aching for some quality time with one another so that is exactly what we made sure to do. Since the trip was planned so last minute, we decided not to tell the kids they were coming and surprise them. It was so awesome seeing the looks on their faces when they opened the door to see two of their favorite people in the world standing on the other side. This has definitely been an adjustment on me and the kids being so far away from my parents. I am beyond words to explain how awesome it was having them here for 2 days. I made sure Mamarazzi was in full motion this weekend so I have lots of pictures to share.

Here is our weekend with Pampo & Nana, YAY…

20120831_16162620120831_161642

The kids had absolutely no clue what would be waiting on the other side of the door upon opening it. I am pretty sure the pictures speak for themselves. Can those hugs and smiles possibly get any bigger???

My poor dad was going on 4 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours upon arriving so needless to say we kept things extremely low key Friday night and mainly just hung around the house. This is what my Dad looked like 2 minutes after putting the kids to sleep.

20120831_210948

The poor guy was beat. My mom and I took it upon ourselves to watch some super girly shows and talk each others ears off the rest of the night. Some how we had so much to discuss even though we talk every single day! I can not explain how much I LOVE and miss my Mom.

Saturday morning, I made some blueberry muffins and we all sat around taking the morning nice and slow chit chatting in our jammies. I tell you, it felt like months on end since we had all been together. Once we finally got going we headed to the pool for some swimming fun. Mimi even came to meet us which was so nice since my parents and her just love each other. I am so blessed to have a Mother-In-Law who gets along so well with my family and vice versa.

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 011

We had 4 water sprayers so the water fights were endless. Each person got their fair share of water attacks. So much fun!

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 013Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 015

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 019Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 007

This child had become absolutely fearless in the water. It is so amazing looking back on the beginning of the summer to now seeing how much her swimming skills have improved. She is so independent in the water now and has become a total fish. I guess that is what happens when you spend almost everyday at the pool. She amazes me every day!

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 027

BEST PICTURE EVER!!!!!

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 022Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 023Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 024

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 045Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 049

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 052Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 055

Autumn sure has a fascination with pine cones. Funny girl!

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 008Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 038

After the pool we headed to Chipolte for some yummy lunch and then it was nap time for everyone! Once we all woke up refreshed I asked Owen if there was anywhere he wanted to take Nana & Pampo while they were visiting? His response was, “Airplane Park!” Duh, why didn’t I think of that?! He really wanted to take them on the train there, but of course we showed up just as the last train ride for the day was taking off. BUMMER! O well, next time. They did get to enjoy watching the kids play at their favorite park before the rain started and it was time to head home.

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 063

Welcome to Belleview Park aka Airplane Park Pampo and Nana!

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 059

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 061Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 068

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 066Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 065

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 070Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 071Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 072

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 073Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 074

My kids are truly blessed to have the most amazing and involved grandparents in their lives!

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 075Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 079

Pretty sure her face sums it all up…..SO. MUCH.FUN!!!

After the park, we headed back to the house. The kids and grandparents played while I was busy cooking us dinner. We invited Mimi over for dinner too so we could all spend some more time together! It was a lovely evening with good food, lots of laughter and the most amazing company!

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 082Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 081

The menu was Zucchini & Black Bean Rice Skillet with Corn Bread. It was a Pinterest Find and super delish. I highly recommend it fellow pinners. Best part was it was fast, really simple and super healthy! Poor Brandon had to eat leftovers since he gets home so late :( sorry babe. 

After dinner it was play time…

 Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 083Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 086

Pampo always has and always will make the BEST Hot Wheels Race Tracks. Check out the sweet tunnels he made for the track out of Legos and Kleenex. He is so amazing. I have to say, he also made the best Barbie houses growing up too! My Dad is the BEST!!!!

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 089

After the Hot Wheels fun, it was time for a fun night of Twister. Since Mimi’s poor knee wont allow her to play Twister after having knee replacement just 3 short months ago, she was nice enough to be our spinner. Love you SO SO much Mimi!

20120901_20001720120901_195932

Anytime Twister is involved, you know it’s a good night!

 

Sunday morning was exciting for us because we got to take Pampo & Nana to our new Church. It took awhile, but I think we have officially found our Church home here in Colorado, Red Rocks Church. It has a really similar feeling to our old church back in New Mexico and we really like the Head Pastor Chad. His sermons always feel like they are speaking directly to us, and he is very genuine just like Todd, our old pastor. Needless to say, we are making a new home for us there in the Red Rocks Church Community.

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 092

My parents and I all ready to head to Church.

After church we did a little driving around to show my parents the area we live in and to see where Owen’s new Pre-school is. Then we headed to this little Mexican Restaurant right around from our house, Tamale Kitchen. Much to our surprise, it was awesome. Glad to find some good authentic Mexican Cuisine here in the state of Colorado, even better it is walking distance from my house. After lunch it was nap time, but since Pampo & Nana were leaving later that evening, I decided to let Owen skip nap that afternoon so he could have some much much needed one on one time with Pampo & Nana.

During this time, there was…

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 104

Napping for some, (lol Mom fell asleep instantly for a much needed cat nap. She’s gonna kill me for this picture, sorry mom.)

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 093Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 096Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 098

wrestling,

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 103Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 099

games,

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 107Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 108

more games, (poor pampo got stuck with the Old Maid)

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 110

and a short movie. They sure got in a lot of stuff during Autumn’s nap. Owen wasn’t about to waste a minute of Pampo & Nana all to himself.

Once Autumn woke up, Pampo and Nana wanted to take the kids to McDonalds for some Ice Cream and play time.

20120902_145540

These two simply adore one another.

20120902_15094620120902_151030

The kids got their favorites, Autumn got an ice cream cone and Owen got a Rolo McFlurry!

After the fun at McDonalds, we headed home. The kids ate dinner while soaking up the last couple hours with Pampo & Nana and then it was time to say our goodbyes. It was tough, but not unbearable since the kids and I will be going home for the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta in 4 weeks. I have to admit, I am counting down the days! This weekend was not only a blast but beyond needed on all ends.

 THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Pampo & Nana for coming to visit. We miss you more than words can EVER express!!!!!!!!! See you in 30 days. Can. Not. Wait!

-LOVE YOU DAD & MOM-

Check back in soon because I haven’t even got into our Labor Day Fun and the couple days following. Lots to catch up on….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful post! So glad your parents could come for a visit to CO. Wonderful memories!