Saturday, September 8, 2012

An Eventful Week (Labor Day, Autumn’s 1st Dentist Appt., Etc.)…

Where to start. I feel as if we have been busy busy busy since the day my parents left. To catch you all up I guess I will do a day by day so I don’t miss anything.

*************************************

Monday: Labor Day

Luckily Brandon’s normal days off are on Monday & Tuesday so he didn’t have to work on Labor Day. The sales office is open regardless so we honestly got lucky. That morning was the official last day Mimi’s Town House Community Pool was open for the year. We decided to take advantage and take the kiddos swimming one last time. I didn’t take my phone or camera so there are no pictures. After the pool, we ate lunch, kids napped, and B and I got ready for the day. After naps it was off to GG & Papa’s (Brandon’s Grandparents) house for a family BBQ. GG & Papa grilled some hamburgers and hot dog and every once else pitched in and brought a side dish or a dessert. It was a great time spent with family :)

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 119

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 120

Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 115Mom & Dad's Visit Sept. 2012 121

Sweet Bailey Girl!

IMG_0754IMG_0758IMG_0742

IMG_0759IMG_0762

I am truly blessed to have such wonderful In-Laws.

20120902_221320

And to all my Pinteresters, the Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries are super delish. This was the Gluten-Free dessert I contributed to the BBQ.

********************************

Tuesday:

Owen had school Tuesday morning. While he was at school Brandon, Autumn, and I decided to go and walk around downtown Littleton. Its about a 7 minute drive from our house. Downtown Littleton is really cute. Its has really cool little shops and bakery’s. We grabbed some yummy breakfast at the Breaking Bread Café and enjoyed walking around window shopping. It was a fun morning with our sweet little girl!

20120904_093437

Little Miss Independent spent more time pushing her stroller than sitting in it. Lol.

20120904_10361320120904_102939

And if you’ve ever wondered what a Kid in a Candy store looks like, its this! Lol. There is the cutest candy shop downtown called Sugar Rush. It was an awesome store, the people were super friendly, and they even let you sample things. Needless to say, Autumn had a blast there! They do a really big event during Halloween so I am pretty sure we will be a part of that next month.

After naps that day, Brandon’s best friend invited us to join him at an end of summer pool party/BBQ at his work. He works at the Valley Country Club in Centennial, CO. He gives Golf Lessons there and he is an awesome Armature Golfer. The Club was closed that day to everyone except employees and their guests. They had the pool open, some really yummy BBQ food, and a live band. It was so so so much fun. It felt nice reaping the country club benefits without the extremely high price of being a country club member. Lol. Thanks again Travis for the invite!!!

20120904_165625

Fun in the pool with Daddy. There was also a kiddie pool that was 1ft deep but of course my kids insisted on being in the big pool the entire time. Little Crazies. The pool went to 9ft and had a diving board which was a huge hit with the kids.

20120904_164020

20120904_16415820120904_164203

The splash in the picture on the Right was Owen, I was too slow at getting him actually jumping off the board.

20120904_164317

Brandon’s jump off the diving board was so high I cut his head off with my camera. Haha. Way to go babe!

20120904_165658

Travis and Owen playing catch with the football. Owen just loves Travis!

*****************************

Wednesday:

Owen and Autumn were both due for Dental Appointments when we moved to Colorado. Unfortunately we had to go a month without insurance because of when Brandon started his job so we had to wait a bit. Our insurance picked up Sept. 1st so the kids were both scheduled for dental appointments for Wednesday. Without getting into the long drawn out story, lets just say the appointment started off extremely stressful. I was by myself with both kids and we had a huge insurance confusion upon checking in for the appointment. Well, an hour (yes AN HOUR) after back and forth phone calls between a dozen people in the dental office while trying to keep my kids entertained and occupied, we got it all straitened out. Long story short, Brandon works for KB Home not KB Homes. THERE IS NO ‘S’!!!!!  So by time the kids actually got to go back for their cleaning, I was frazzled and in tears, literal tears. Any who, the staff (front desk employees as well as the hygienist and the Dr.) at our new dental office was PHENOMINAL!!!! Owen got his first set of X-rays and did GREAT. No cavities, did great during the cleaning, x-rays, and the dentist said he has wonderful teeth! This was Autumn’s very 1st trip to the dentist. She was, as expected, much less excited about the whole thing. She didn’t cry or anything, she just didn’t really want much to do with it. The main point for her was to get her acquainted and exposed to what the dentist does, for them to check out her teeth and to do a fluoride treatment and all those things got done so I was happy. Overall the trip by myself with two kids ages 4 and 2 with back to back appointments went great minus the insurance fiasco at the beginning. I am very happy we found a wonderful Pediatric Dental Office for the kiddos.

20120905_13054420120905_161741

Owen chose a new Mater toothbrush and Autumn chose a purple penguin toothbrush.

20120905_112950

20120905_114423

*************************************

Thursday:

On Thursday morning while Owen was at school, Autumn and I had some errands to run. I really appreciate my special 1 on 1 time I get with my sweet girl while Owen is off at school. Our last errand before having to pick up Owen was a trip to Ikea. Autumn had a great time shopping with me, playing in the toy area, and we even ate brunch together there. Such a fun little Mommy & Daughter date :)

20120906_10491520120906_102050

She chose French Toast Sticks and Bacon to eat. Lol, this child LOVES bacon……and suckers. Can you tell?

20120906_183550

And we had a backyard bug hunt when Owen got home from school.

******************************

Friday:

Yesterday the weather was AMAZING!!!!! The high was 72, a perfect fall day. Needless to say we spent almost the entire day outside. Park trip picnic and lots of bike riding in the cul de sac. Such a fun day with my kiddos.

20120907_12110020120907_12021220120907_120736

20120907_12084720120907_120241

20120907_185318

I am blessed beyond my wildest imagination! Love these two more than I can ever express.

No comments: