Monday, December 26, 2011

Snow, Cookies for Santa & Assembling a Car

Okay, so after downloading all my pictures from this past weekend (Friday-Sunday), I have over 400 pictures. I think it goes without saying we had a very very fun filled Christmas Weekend. Needless to say, I don’t have the ability to sit in from of the computer for hours upon hours blogging so I have decided to break this weekend into 3 separate posts over the next week. So hopefully by Friday I will have all the pictures from Christmas up so please bare with me. I know there are lots of family members who are dying to see Christmas pictures, please know I am working on it and haven’t forgotten about you all.

For this post I am going to put pictures up from Friday. Thursday and Fridays are Brandon’s normal days off and then he took off for Christmas Eve and was obviously off for Christmas day so we had a nice 4 day weekend with him which was awesome. We woke up a light dusting of snow on Friday morning, just about an inch or two. The kids were dying to go out and play, even though there wasn’t much we decided to let them go on and play.

Christmas 2011 011

Here is Owen going behind Daddy with a gardening shovel mimicking him shoveling off the driveway. Haha

Christmas 2011 015Christmas 2011 033

I wasn’t really sure Autumn was a big fan of the snow after the last snow storm when she did a face plant into it, but rest assured she LOVED it this time. She cried so hard when it was time to go in.

Christmas 2011 017Christmas 2011 016

Christmas 2011 021Christmas 2011 027

Both the kids wanted so badly to play with Daddy so I decided to take over shoveling off the driveway and sidewalk. It is times like these when I no longer appriciate having a huge three car drive way that is extra long. My arms felt like noodles when I got finished. O well, I got a good work out from it. (o yeah, please excuse my ridiculous attire and beanie that is way to big, haha)

Christmas 2011 031Christmas 2011 023

I love these two and these adorable tiny footprints in the snow.

After the driveway was all shoveled and the outdoor playing was done, we all came inside. While we were sitting there doing nothing, I remembered that we needed to make cookies for Santa. Brandon tried talking me into just leaving some store bought cookies out for him so we didn’t have to bake anything, but I wasn’t having it. Part of the Christmas fun is baking homemade sugar cookies and then decorating them, right? So we immediately got to work baking.

Christmas 2011 038

Christmas 2011 040Christmas 2011 047

Please don’t pay any attention to the band-aid across Autumn’s forehead. It a long story, if you want to hear the story ask Brandon, he LOVES to tell it.

Christmas 2011 041Christmas 2011 042

Christmas 2011 049

All ready to stick in the refrigerator for an hour while we go shower for the day…

Christmas 2011 050 Christmas 2011 052

After I finally got a shower in at 11am, we came back to roll out the dough and cut out the cookies. The kids had a bath the night before so we just let them hang in their pj’s until nap time.

Christmas 2011 051Christmas 2011 053

Christmas 2011 059

All done and baking in the oven. While the kids were up taking their naps, I  made some really simple, but very delicious homemade sugar cookie glaze to ice them with when the kids got up.

Christmas 2011 060

All ready to ice!

Christmas 2011 061

Christmas 2011 064

Such a fun Christmas Tradition. Owen said he was decorating them extra special for Santa.

Christmas 2011 067Christmas 2011 068

Christmas 2011 069Christmas 2011 070

When Daddy is around there is no need for a napkin to wipe off the icing on your fingers.

Christmas 2011 071Christmas 2011 072Christmas 2011 073

Christmas 2011 074

Autumn quickly lost interest and started eating all the candy and sprinkles so her and Daddy went off to play so Owen and I could finish icing the cookies.

Christmas 2011 078

Christmas 2011 079

Christmas 2011 083Christmas 2011 085

Christmas 2011 088Christmas 2011 086

Owen’s cookies were almost all covered in candy! Lol

Christmas 2011 090

The final Masterpieces!

Later that evening my parents were so gracious enough to come watch our kiddos so Brandon and I could go volunteer at our Church to help out in one of the classrooms for their Friday night Christmas Service. We were in the 1 year old room and I have to say it was a lot of fun. The kids in there were adorable and it was so nice to be able to give our time to a Church that we absolutely Love and that does so much for us and our family. Thanks again Mom and Dad for your help with the kids.

Once we got home from church and the kids were in bed, I got to baking a Holiday Cranberry Cake for Christmas Eve dessert and Brandon got to work putting together the kids Christmas Gift from Brandon and I.

Christmas 2011 001

Here is Brandon hard at work putting together this awesome Red Mustang Power Wheels!

Christmas 2011 002

Christmas 2011 005Christmas 2011 007

Once he got it all together it was my job to go around and put on all the Sweet Decals.

Christmas 2011 008

And when it was all finished Brandon spent some time waxing it down to give it some extra new car shine for the big reveal on Christmas morning. Lol.

Christmas 2011 010

Lastly, I made sure to give it a spin around the house to make sure the “engine” was working. Haha.

Check back in soon. I will be putting up pictures from Christmas Eve up next!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...The cookies looked great! I am sure that Santa loved the special "candy" cookies! You are making such wonderful memories for your family!

Love you,
Mimi