Thursday, December 22, 2011

Enjoying the calmness before Christmas…

The title pretty much explains exactly what the Burgess Household is up to! Every holiday prior to this one, especially since we have had kids, just seemed so chaotic/rushed/busy. I feel like I should be stressed out and running around like a crazy person but I am not. We are honestly kicking back, relaxing and waiting for Christmas. Not sure why things are so different this Christmas, but I can say I am lovin every second of it.

Tuesday evening Owen got to have his good friend Linkin over. I usually watch him and his sister a couple hours every week. Tuesday Finnley was napping so Linkin got to come over all by himself. The boys had so much fun together. They played so well I almost forgot they were here. I am so grateful Owen has such great friends that live right across the street!

12202011941

Here they are eating a delicious fruit roll up and playing one of Owen’s ABC board games.

Crowley-Dec 2011 003Crowley-Dec 2011 004

Before Autumn went down for a nap she was feeling a little left out because the boys were playing “big kid” stuff so we decided to play Babies. She loves pretending to be a Mommy. So precious!

We aren’t the only ones relaxin’ either. Crowley (our family Elf) has been following our laid back attitudes…

Crowley-Dec 2011 001

We caught him kicking back drinking our Diet Coke…

Crowley-Dec 2011 008Crowley-Dec 2011 005

and hanging out wrapped in a towel after a nice bath. That silly Elf!

And thanks to my super amazing Mom & Husband, I was even able to enjoy a very relaxing (not to mention much needed) night out with the Girls. Yay! I dropped the kiddos off to my Mom at 6pm (Brandon got stuck working late) and did not get home until midnight. Kaitlyn and I started the night off doing a little shopping at Target and then headed to Nob Hill to meet up with the rest of the ladies.

Crowley, Girls Night- Dec 2011 002

Top Row: Justine, Cammy, Me. Bottom Row: Kaitlyn, & Jessica (my sister). And sweet Jenna was taking the pic!

Wow, last night was a BLAST! After Target we met the rest of the girls at this very yummy restaurant in Nob Hill called Scalo. The food is so great without outrageous prices, even better. We lived it up last night and got Appitizers, Our Meals, Wine, and Dessert & Coffee at the end. Sometimes you are just in need of some time with your Best Girlfriends. Love these ladies so so so much! After dinner a few of us headed to Zinc for a little night cap. I can not tell you how nice it was to get out and laugh at the most ridiculous things for no apparent reason. Probably the last Girls Night of 2011, bittersweet!

Crowley, Girls Night- Dec 2011 003

You know you are with your best friends when you can act your silliest without caring what the people in the restaurant around you think. Thanks again ladies for a wonderful night out!

 Crowley, Girls Night- Dec 2011 004

Trying to split the bill up six ways was quite the task so Kaitlyn, Cammy and I resorted to childhood days and started doodling on the table while the others were tallying up the bill. Haha. Check out that sweet “S” Kaitlyn drew. All you children from the 90’s know exactly what I am talking about.

This morning was also great. Brandon and the kids went to the gym to give me some time to go grocery shopping for Christmas Eve Dinner and Christmas Morning Breakfast ingredients. I very very rarely go to the grocery store alone so I felt very spoiled. It was seriously amazing how fast I got in and out of the store. I had an entire cart to put my groceries in, no one yelling at me for more snacks, no Houdini's escaping the shopping cart seat and a very smooth and quick check out at the end. It’s amazing the little things you take for granted before having children. I would not change it for the world though, I love the chaos the kids bring to our lives!

12222011942

I never thought in a million years I would get excited to go grocery shopping. Haha. Parenthood!

Now the count down beings…..3 Days until Christmas!! Happy Shopping all you last minute Shoppers.

No comments: