Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Getting Abigail's Ears Pierced.

On Sunday afternoon Me, My Sister, My Mom, and My kiddos went to the mall to get my niece Abigail’s ears pierced. We went to the Piercing Pagoda which is where we took Autumn to get hers done when she was just 4 months old. Now I know there is a lot of controversy over piercing a baby’s ears but it is a personal decision. The way I look at it, is that all girls want to pierce there ears at some point in life, so why not do it when they are babies that way they will never remember the pain. Plus if it was that bad they wouldn’t allow babies to get it done. Anyway, Abi did great. Much better than Autumn did. She sat there very still while they cleaned and marked her ears and just shed a little squeal when they actually pierced them. It was so quick and we were able to distract her very quickly afterwards by taking a stroll around the mall.

Abigails Ear Piercing 002Abigails Ear Piercing 003

Here is my beautiful sissy and adorable niece before the piercing.

Abigails Ear Piercing 005Abigails Ear Piercing 006

And here they are right after. Poor Abi. She really didn’t cry long. Look how adorable her little pink pearl earrings are!

Abigails Ear Piercing 010

See what I mean. She was back to her normal adorable self in no time!

After the ear piercing, we all walked around the mall for a bit. My sister went to buy brave Abi a new outfit from Baby Gap. While we were there I picked up both of my kiddos some new summer pj’s as they both desperately need some.

Abigails Ear Piercing 008

Autumn could not pass up the opportunity to try on these adorable sunglasses at Baby Gap! Too stinkin cute. She absolutely loves wearing sunglasses!

When we got home from the mall Owen and Autumn both changed into their new jammies immediately. My kids love wearing Pj’s, Owen would stay in his all day if I let him. Daddy joined them as soon as he got home from work.

Abigails Ear Piercing 015

You know those kids who have to get as close to what they are not allowed to do as possible. Well, that describes Autumn to a T! She knows she is not allowed to play with the blinds so this is what she does. She sits there almost touching them just to see if we will tell her no! What a stinker, look at that mischievous face!!!

Abigails Ear Piercing 018Abigails Ear Piercing 017

Owen in his new Lightning McQueen Pj’s he bought from the Disney Store with his very own gift card. He called it his Mickey Monies! Lol. He is obsessed with Lightning McQueen. Here he is playing on the computer, his favorite thing to do these days. I have to set a timer or he would be on it all day long.

Abigails Ear Piercing 020Abigails Ear Piercing 022

And here he is writing on his chalk board. He is really into the word “elephant”. He likes me to write the word in Capital letters and then he writes it below in Lower Case letters. He is o so very specific. Look how hard he is concentrating. He is a bigger perfectionist than his Mommy, Uh-Oh!

Abigails Ear Piercing 024Abigails Ear Piercing 026

Then he wanted to write the word “cat”. He is getting so good at writing all his letters and learning how to spell. I am so proud of my Big Boy!

Abigails Ear Piercing 013

And here is this to leave you with. Autumn is the biggest Daddies Girl I have ever seen, next to myself that is. She practically leaps out of my arms to Brandon when he gets home from work and screams her head off when he leaves her sight. So precious. No wonder Brandon is such a sucker for her!

No comments: