Saturday, May 7, 2011

In Loving Memory of Grandma Thompson

John 14: 1-4

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”

The Lord called Grandma Thompson (aka Great-Great) to come home, May 4th, 2011, at the young age of 80. Grandma took her last breaths on this Earth with my Mom, Dad, Sister and 2 of her best friends by her bedside in her assisted living facility at 12:35pm. Brandon came home immediately upon hearing the news to be with the kids while I rushed over to be with my family and to say our last “goodbyes” to my grandmother. Although it was a very difficult day, I am so happy that Grandma is no longer suffering from her many illnesses. I am fully sure that my Grandma took her first breath in Heaven after her last breath here with all of us.

Grandma Thompson loved the Lord with all her heart and lived her life to serve Him; her family and anyone else that was in need. She had a strong love for dancing which her and my grandfather did 3-4 times a week for as long as I can remember. She was an active member of the Lutheran Church as well as the senior citizens center that she attended regularly. Of all the things Grandma loved I would have to say her family made her the most proud. I can not remember a single time with my grandmother that she didn’t have a huge smile on her face. She loved to laugh and loved showing off her family. Even though I didn’t always grow up with my Grandma close by, I have the most fond memories of traveling to Oklahoma with my sister to go spend the summer with her and my grandfather. We were so fortunate to finally live in the same city with her for the past 5 years, after her and my grandfather moved down here for my mother to care for them as they were both not in good health. My mother gave up her everything caring for them and did an amazing job at it. Her and my Grandma were able to form the best of friendship through spending the past 5 years together just about every single day. I am so blessed to have had such a wonderful grandmother and I am even more blessed to have introduced both of my children to such an amazing lady. Grandma will never be forgotten as we have many great memories of her to hold onto. Love you so much Grandma, please tell Grandpa we all say hello, we miss you already!

Hawaii Trip 276

Me and Grandma on our Cruise to Hawaii in November 2008.

Hawaii Trip 336

My Mom, Grandma, Aunt Joann, Aunt Tommie, and me having tea on our Cruise to Hawaii.

Hospital pics during Labor 054

Grandma with Owen in the NICU the day after he was born.

Autumn's Baby Shower 047

My Mom, Grandma, Me and my Sister at my Baby Shower for Autumn.

Thanksgiving 2009 053Autumn & Abby Jan. 2011 013

Owen with Great-Great on Thanksgiving 2009, and Great-Great with Autumn and Abigail.

Grandma's Christmas Party! 007

Christmas 2009

Mom's 50th 013

Grandma & Mom at my Mom’s 50th Birthday Tea party in their fancy Tea hats.

Grandma's 80th Birthday 090

Last month at my Grandma’s 80th Birthday Party.

Please keep my family in your prayers as we will all traveling to Oklahoma over the next couple days to lay my Grandmother to rest right next to my grandfather in their home town. Thanks so much for all the phone calls, text messages, flowers, cards and muffins. Everything is very much appreciated.

No comments: