Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Past Week…

I know, its really not like me to go an entire week without blogging, so here is a recap of our past week. The week started off a bit rocky as I came down with a nasty stomach bug (gastroenteritis is the term the doctor used) that ended me in urgent care with an IV bag of fluids to rehydrate me since I couldn’t keep anything down. Luckily I bounced back pretty quickly once I got rehydrated, some nausea medicine and a few days of eating nothing but bread and rice. By Wednesday I was feeling pretty good so we had my good friend Jess and her two kiddos, Abby and Isaac, over for a little play day. The kids all had a great time since they haven’t seen each other in quite sometime since they were traveling and then we were gone, anyway it was long overdue but lots of fun. Thursday we didn’t do much just ran some family errands and then our Small Group Bible Study later that evening. Friday evening we had so much fun. Our friends, Kenny and Rachel, are moving to Florida in a couple weeks so us and the Altman family had them a farewell picnic in the park. The weather didn’t really turn out the way we would’ve hoped as it was a little chilly, windy and some scary dark clouds over our heads, but we still managed to have a good time. Owen and Olivia had a blast at the park running around all over the place, and Autumn and Emma Jane were pretty fascinated with one another. After we ate our dinner on a blanket in the grass we all decided we better pack up before we got rained on so we headed back to our house to hang out. We had so much fun and we will miss the DeRamus family very much. I don’t have a ton of pictures from the week but here are the few I do have.

   May 19, 2011 007May 19, 2011 006

May 19, 2011 001

Autumn and Isaac playing with a basket of pretend food. I don’t have a single picture of Owen and Abby mainly because they were all over the place and I couldn’t keep up. Aren’t these two adorable though, Isaac looks so happy about his fake piece of bacon in his hand. They really seemed to enjoy each others company, seems like yesterday this was Owen and Abby sitting quietly on the floor playing.

May 19, 2011 013

Our Picnic in the park. We had KFC, I made a big fruit bowl and Kaitlyn brought brownies for dessert. Yum, Yum, Yum! Do you see the scary dark clouds I mentioned? Not the best weather for a picnic but we managed.

May 19, 2011 015

Autumn and Emma having an intense starring contest. Lol.

May 19, 2011 018

And here is Autumn trying to break into the brownie package while Emma is trying to steal the paci out of Autumn’s mouth. What stinkers!

May 19, 2011 023

When we got back to our house after the park Emma and Autumn made a giant mess of toys in the family room and had a blast together.

May 19, 2011 020May 19, 2011 022

While Emma and Autumn were playing  Owen and Olivia were busy “Grocery Shopping”.

May 19, 2011 028May 19, 2011 029

Once that got old they moved onto jumping off the ottoman to the couch. They would hold each others hands and jump together and then look at one another and say, “wow, good job.” They crack me up!

 May 19, 2011 025

And eventually they wore themselves out and sat down to watch some Max and Ruby.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: