Saturday, May 28, 2011

Our Weekend.

I know today and tomorrow is the weekend for most people, but the weekend in the Burgess household is on Thursday and Friday. So here is a little recap of what we did…

 

Thursday…

Owen got a phone call on Tuesday night from Nana & Pampo. He was so excited when they asked him if he would like to have a sleepover on Thursday night. Brandon and I packed him all up and Nana & Pampo came to pick him up on Thursday at 2:30pm after his nap. They took him down to the bosque along the Rio Grande River to take a walk and Pampo was trying to teach him how to skip rocks along the water. After their walk they headed to McDonalds for dinner. Owen got to play there for an hour, he got a Chicken Nugget Happy Meal and an Ice Cream for dessert. When they got home they played and ate left over Birthday Cake, yes that is two desserts in one night, can you say spoiled?! He went to bed about an hour late, which he absolutely loved. When he woke up he got Chocolate Cereal (ie; cocoa puffs) and he even got to take a bath at their house. They brought him home around 9:15am, and by then I was dying to see him as I missed him so much. It is so nice to have a little break and to spend some one on one time with Autumn, but boy do I miss the little guy when he is not around. I know I am pathetic, not even apart 24 hrs. and I am going crazy. When he got home I asked him if he missed us and he said, “No, I want to go back to nana pampo’s house.” At least he is honest and why would he miss us when he got non stop attention and all the dessert a kid could want. 

May 28, 2011 005May 28, 2011 007

Here he is all packed up and ready to go.

 May 28, 2011 016

When we got him in their car he waved bye to us and then threw up two fingers and said, “peace out mom and dad.” He is so grown up now!

May 28, 2011 011May 28, 2011 013

And here is Autumn and Daddy watching Nana, Pampo & Owen backing out of the driveway. It wont be long until she is joining them for the sleepover.

Sleepover 6Sleepover 2

May 28, 2011 017May 28, 2011 019May 28, 2011 025

I think Autumn really enjoyed having Mommy & Daddy all to herself for a day. She got lots of lovin!

Sleepover 3Sleepover 5

And Brandon and I really enjoyed our down time while Autumn was napping.

Friday:

I just have to start Friday off by saying Thank God for Awesome Husbands and Devoted Fathers. Friday night I got to have a Girls Night Out with 6 other ladies/mommies. Thank you so much Daddies for staying home with the kiddos so we could have a relaxing night out kid free. I rode with 2 of my very good friends Kaitlyn & Libby. We left a little early to go shopping before meeting up with the other ladies for dinner. After hitting a few stores we met up with 4 of our other friends and had dinner at a restaurant called Elephant Bar. After dinner we went to a little Diner to get some milk shakes for dessert. It was a fun night out and we got a lot of laughs in. I feel fully recharged for motherhood now!

GNO May 2011 001

Daddy and Owen warming up some Chicken Nuggets for dinner before I left.

GNO May 2011 002

Me and Kaitlyn all ready to go pick up Libby!

GNO 2

Me, Libby & Kaitlyn. I love these beautiful ladies.

GNO 1

I know I’m the odd one out next to these gorgeous blonde almost 6 foot tall ladies. It’s okay we love each other despite our differences. Lol. I really wouldn’t survive motherhood without these two ladies.

GNO May 2011 008

I know I said we went to a diner for milkshakes, but a few of us couldn’t resist the Hot Fudge Cake on the menu. Yes there is cake under that pile of fudge. I wish I could say it was good, but it was terrible. It was way way way too sweet. It hurt going down my throat. I think I took 3 bites total. Should’ve stuck with a milkshake. O well.

GNO May 2011 010

Thanks for a fun night out ladies!

No comments: