Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Week 2 of Nada…

So this has been the second week in a row in the Burgess Household where we have had no plans. As in nada, zip, zilch. I have to admit, I ‘m kind of getting used to this. I think we were overly busy at the end of 2011, that this laid back schedule has been not only nice but very much needed. We have had lots of time to spend together as a family and we have very much enjoyed just being able to relax, play and embrace the quiet (which is very rare with an almost 4 year old and 18 month old). Anyway, I am really liking my Wednesday and Sunday blogging routine I have been on the past month or so and I didn’t want to miss out on my Wednesday blog just because we haven’t been up to much, so I have decided to just share some pictures from the week. Okay, here we go…

Sunday:

Mom's 52nd Birthday 049

Sunday morning I decided to make this awesome recipe I found on Pinterest for breakfast. Baked Blueberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal. O my goodness it was beyond AMAZING!!!! Even better that there is no sugar or butter. It is all very healthy. The only non healthy ingredients are maple syrup and chocolate chips and both can easily be left out depending on your mood or diet. It’s also gluten free for all you with Gluten-Free folks out there. Anyway, my point is it that it is delish, healthy and a MUST TRY for all!!!! My family of 4 ate almost the whole pan!

Monday:

012320121070

Monday started off with a trip to Burger King for lunch. I found this burger king, that is not super close to our house but it has an awesome play area. Since we had nada going on (like my emphasis of nada in this blog already) I decided to take the kids out from some lunch and play time. I swore when I got pregnant with Owen (4+ years ago) that I would never let my kids play in fast food or mall play areas because they were full of germs. Well, here I am 4 years later and guess where my kids are playing? Haha. Never say never. I know these places are in fact full of germs, but when it is freezing outside and your kids are dying to run around where else do you go? Come on fellow parents, you know what I am talking about right?! Anyway, this germy play area was awesome! We were there for well over an hour and had the entire place to ourselves. The kids had a great time!!!

012320121067012320121069

It was set up nice and had stuff for little kids, including a small slide, and tons of fun for the older kids including a really big steep slide. We will definitely be going back soon!

012320121068012320121066

Tuesday:

Tuesday morning Autumn and I had a little play date set up with a Mom and Younger Sibling of one of Owen’s pre-school classmates. The poor little boy Autumn was going to play with unfortunately got really sick so we had to re-schedule for next week. So Autumn and I ran a few errands and then went home after dropping Owen off at school. We were a bit bored, especially with out Owen around, so I decided to pull out a craft to do. My Mom gave me this book she found a couple weeks ago while cleaning out a closet. This was a Valentine’s Day Crafts book she got when my sister and I were little. Check out the copyright date: 1981. Haha, too funny. Since it had some sentimental value I decided to keep it to do a craft or two with my kids that my mom did with me and my sister.

January 2011 013January 2011 014

Autumn and I decided to make some Kooky Clay. I can vividly remember making this with my mom when I was around 4 or 5. I know Autumn is a little young but we had fun anyway.

January 2011 002January 2011 005

Basically you just mix Flour, Salt and Water to make this clay. You cut it out into shapes using cookie cutters or free hand with a knife and let it dry out for a few days. Once it is completely dry you can paint it just like you would with plaster figurines. I got paint too but I’ll let the kids paint them sometime next week.

January 2011 006

January 2011 009

I made holes in them so they can either tie a string on it to make an ornament or they can use the heart shaped ones to put on a necklace string for Valentines Day. Either way they can paint them and do whatever they want with them, but the holes gives extra options. It was a fun time with just Autumn and she had a great time playing with the mixing bowls, spoons and patting the dough.

Last night my sister and my very good friend Cammy (my sister’s BFF) invited me out for a very very last minute girls night. Yikes, me and last minute plans don’t usually go very well ( I am a major planner) but I decided why not and just went with it. My mom came over to watch the kids for the 15 minute overlap from when I needed to leave and when Brandon would be getting home.  Thanks again mom, you’re the best. For those of you who don’t know Cammy, she is a yoga instructor. She somehow convinced my sister and I to join her for an advanced yoga class?!?! Just a side note I have not done yoga since I was pregnant with Owen 4 years ago. Anyway, we went along. It was actually really fun, relaxing and boy o boy did I get a work out in. I can barely move today. I stretched muscles I didn’t even know I had. I feel like I went on an 8 hour horse back ride. Anyway, it was a great time. After yoga we headed over to this place Jinja for dinner and drinks. I am so happy I went because it was a wonderful and productive evening out spent with 2 of my favorite people. Love you ladies!

January 2011 030January 2011 031

Our Delicious Mojitos & Edemame. Yum, Yum, Yum. And that was just our appetizers!

And here we are today, Wednesday:

Again, a day of nothing on the schedule. And thank goodness because both kids are a bit under the weather. Must have been that trip to the germy Burger King Play Area. J/K. They have both had minor colds for a couple days now and it has finally gotten the best of them. Poor Owen is barking like a Seal and Autumn….well, lets just say she is having some “digestion” issues. Haha, the joys of parenting. Anyway, we are stuck in since they both feel like poo.

January 2011 022

Daddy surprised us and came home for lunch after an early morning of meetings. The kids were not about to let Daddy rest on his lunch break so they had him dance with them while watching Yo Gabba Gabba. Yo Gabba Gabba is their new favorite show now that we finally have Nick Jr. I have to admit the show is a bit strange, but it really sends out some good messages and always gets the kids dancing around and singing which is better than just sitting on the couch and watching. Right? Here they are doing the “freeze dance”.

January 2011 019

Dance, Dance, Dance, and…

January 2011 024January 2011 023

FREEZE! Owen kind of looks like a zombie, but he is actually just frozen in the middle of dancing. Lol.

January 2011 032January 2011 034January 2011 033

January 2011 037

O my goodness I LOVE these two so MUCH!!!!!

Some Miscellaneous Stuff…

January 2011 025

I had another Order for an Infant Car Seat Blanket. Yay!!!! For all you wondering and those who have asked, I am STILL in the process of setting up a blog for all the items I make available for sale. I am a super slacker because I would rather sew then set up a website in my free time. I know I need to get my priorities strait.

January 2011 029

Here is the final product all packaged up. I even threw in two matching Pacifier clips with the extra fabric I had. So thankful people like my stuff enough to purchase them. I am hoping for lots of dress orders this summer. Keep your fingers crossed.

012520121074

Not sure when this was from, but Autumn has found a hobby of playing dress up with my clothes in the morning while I am getting ready. Haha.

January 2011 015012520121075

And for those of you who don’t already know….I am officially chopping off all my hair tomorrow. All, as in, 8-9 inches! This picture was mainly took so I can visually see how different it looks tomorrow and so I can see how long my hair actually was when I am crying tomorrow regretting my decision. Just kidding, but I probably will cry. I had short hair about 5 years ago and it has taken me a good 3.5 years to grow it out to this point. O well, I am ready for a change despite the mixed reactions I am getting, some think I should and some think I am crazy. We shall see the results tomorrow. Ahhhh. Wish me luck.

No comments: