Sunday, January 8, 2012

Wedding Dress Shopping….

Okay, we obviously all know I don’t mean for my self. Who then? I am happy to announce that my Best Friend of 13 years is getting married!!!!! I can not be more excited for her. My Best Friend, Candie, will be marrying the man of her dreams, Toby, in August. I am so honored I get to be a part of their wedding. A little history; Candie and I met our Freshman Year of High School, yes a long time ago I know. Anyway we met on our very first day of High School and have been Best Friends from that very day on. Unfortunately she moved away about 4 years ago so we only get to see each other every once in awhile. Luckily she is the type of friend that I can see once a year and we instantly pick up where we left off and it seems like no time has passed. I absolutely love her! She is currently living in Las Vegas, NV and seems very happy with the life and friends she has made out there, especially the soon to be husband she met while living there. She will be getting married at the Emerald and Queens Ridge in Las Vegas, NV on August 11, 2012. She came into town yesterday to go shopping for her wedding dress and I was honored she asked me to come along for my opinion and help. My awesome parents agreed to watch my kiddos for the day so I could accompany my BFF. I dropped off the kiddos about noon and did not get home until 9:30pm (Brandon picked up the kiddos from my parents after work). It was such a fun day and an absolute treat to be able to spend the entre day with Candie. We met at the first Dress Salon at 1pm to start trying on dresses. Candie had her Mom, Aunt, Sister (who is her Maid-Of-Honor) and Myself there giving her our support as well as our opinions. After the first appointment we went to Sadie's for a late lunch and then headed onto another dress appointment. We were at the second Dress Salon for about 2+ hours and that is the place where she found her Wedding Dress. She looked stunning in it and we all LOVED it!!!! It was so fun helping her get into the dresses and share such a special day with her and her family, truly an honor to be a part of it as she was there for me 5 1/2 years ago helping me pick out my dress. After we found her dress, her sister and I were able to try on dresses that she selected for us. We narrowed it down between two dresses but did not decided which one we would be wearing the day of, we still have time. After all the dress fun I took Candie to Nob Hill Bar & Grill for dinner and a drink to Celebrate. It was such a fun and memorable day. I am so blessed to have such an amazing friend like Candie in my life. I can not wait for the next 8 months as I go along this journey with her leading up to her and Toby’s special day! I have some pictures from the day to share but please note I am not putting up any pictures of the dress she selected, these are all just the runner-up’s. It was so hard choosing “the” dress because she looked amazing in everything she put on, but in the end we all just “knew” when she had on “the” dress. Enjoy the pictures from my day….

0107201298101072012983

I did feel really bad that I had to leave the kids all day but please know I don’t think they even noticed I left. When I left them at my parents, they were busy eating the French Toast Nana had made them for lunch. They get so spoiled at Nana & Pampo’s house. As it should be…I guess. So thankful for my amazing parents who love my kids almost as much as I do.

Candie's Wedding Dress 002Candie's Wedding Dress 003

Here is my Beautiful BFF. She honestly looked great in every dress she put on!

Candie's Wedding Dress 005Candie's Wedding Dress 009

Candie's Wedding Dress 017

Candie's Wedding Dress 025

Gorgeous, but still not the winner. You will have to check back in August to see the Winner, sorry!

Candie's Wedding Dress 034

Okay. So this picture didn’t come out very well. Anyway, her colors are Navy Blue and Yellow, so imagine these dresses in Navy Blue and us holding big yellow sunflowers. O yeah, and I wouldn’t be wearing red heels either. Anyway, you get the point.

Candie's Wedding Dress 036

Or she is thinking of the same dresses but short for the bridesmaids and long for the maid-of-honor. So the dress only comes long so they would have to cut them for the bridesmaids, hints why I’m holding it up so you can see what it looks like knee length. And again, Navy Blue dress and no red heels. Haha.

Candie's Wedding Dress 037

Did I mention she asked Owen and Autumn to be the Ring Bearer and Flower Girl? So fun I know. We are just trying to work out the logistics of bringing them too, so nothing is final. Here is the dress that we picked for Autumn. So so adorable. Awe!

Candie's Wedding Dress 040

After all the dress fun, we went to Nob Hill Bar & Grill for some dinner and drinks. Candie got an amazing Green Chili Stew (she misses the New Mexico Chili) and I got…

Candie's Wedding Dress 038

a delicious Cobb Salad with Chipotle Ranch Dressing.

Candie's Wedding Dress 041

Candie's Wedding Dress 042

Lots of Love and a Huge Congrats Candie!!!!!!

No comments: