Sunday, January 15, 2012

Keeping Busy Busy Busy

This blog is kind of a bunch of randomness. I didn’t want to name it randomness because I have done many other posts that have that very same title, so we will call this blog Busy Busy Busy. Appropriate I guess. But in all honesty its really just some random stuff that we have been doing around the Burgess House.

Last Thursday was Owen’s day to take snack to school. I like to get fun with snacks because I know the kids love it. So, big surprise, I got on pinterest to look for ideas and I can across some super cute Butterfly snacks so I quickly got to work.

The Zoo, January 2012 074

Here you have it. Owen was so excited to take these to school. He chose the snacks to fill the wings with, one side had grapes and the other side had cinnamon teddy grahams & raisins. So fun!

Later that day we met up with Kaitlyn & Olivia at McDonalds to let the kids burn off some energy in the play area. A very fun afternoon, thanks again for the invite Altman ladies!

011220121028

I love that you can see Autumn in between Olivia and Owen in the background. Haha. My fearless and wild Autumn can officially go up into the play area and came down the big slides all on her own. She is so funny!

Somewhere in the week, can’t remember what day on the way out of the store the kids got to ride on the cute little merry-go-round….

011520121035011520121036

I think it goes without saying, they LOVED it!

Last night we invited our good family friend Gavin over to watch the Broncos vs. Patriots Playoff game. As we all know the Broncos got whooped but we are no fair weather fans so we cheered them on until the end. And even though it was a terrible beat down we still LOVE our Broncos!!!!!!!

January 12, 2012 003January 12, 2012 008

January 12, 2012 011January 12, 2012 014

Those of you who don’t have the privilege of knowing Gavin, just know he is CRAZY. Hints why Owen absolutely loves him. He calls him his “Brother G.” Its an ongoing joke that Gavin was Brandon and I’s first child since he used to live at our house for my home cooked meals and video games. Lol.

January 12, 2012 006January 12, 2012 005January 12, 2012 010

 

After the kids went to bed, I headed out to a going away party for a very dear friend of mine, Cammy. She is moving to Miami temporarily to be with her Husband who is currently deployed there with the U.S. Marines until October. I am going to miss her so much. We were having such a good time I completely forgot to take some pictures. We had so so so much fun and ate and laughed way too much. Miss you already Cammy! (Owen is especially going to miss her as she is his first big crush. He just LOVES her and talks about her all the time. haha)

After Church this morning I had to snap a few pics of the kiddos because they just looked adorable. Even though our church is very casual and laid back, I have so much fun dressing the kids up in their “Sunday Best” for church.

 January 12, 2012 015January 12, 2012 016January 12, 2012 017

January 12, 2012 020

I love their Cheesy Ridiculous Smiles!

 

Now I just wanted to share a couple meals I made last week that were so so so yummy! You will never believe where I found the recipes…Pinterest. Surprise! Just a note, the pictures are terrible because I took them with my phone. Sorry!

01062012980

First up we have a French Dip Sandwich with Au Jus Dipping Sauce that I made in the Crock Pot! Yes, I said Crock Pot! It was so ridiculously easy and so so so delicious and full of flavor! And best of all my hubby LOVED LOVED LOVED it!

011220121032

Second we have Steak and Farfalle Pasta in a Creamy Tomato Sauce. This was super delish and didn’t take long to make at all. It had a really unique taste and again my husband Loved it! Best of all it is a healthy low fat recipe! Even better! I highly recommend it!

And aside from my hobby of cooking and trying out new recipes, I have been doing lots and lots of sewing projects…

January 12, 2012 027January 12, 2012 028

My very good friend Melissa’s daughter Aubryn is turning 1 next week. Her Birthday Party is this evening and I am super excited to take her her gift. I made her a special Dress and matching bow. I forgot to take a before and after photo but this dress is made from a women’s button up t-shirt. My mom’s old button up t-shirt to be exact. I love how it came out and can not wait to see sweet Aubryn in it this spring and summer.

 January 12, 2012 027

You can’t see it very well in the full picture so I zoomed in a bit on the super cute flower I made to embellish the dress!

January 12, 2012 032

And here is the matching hair bow for her dress!

January 12, 2012 029

My sister’s very good friend is having a Baby Shower next week for her Third child. She has two boys and is FINALLY expecting her first baby girl! Yay! Anyway, my sister ordered her a gift from me. So excited for the business because I absolutely LOVE sewing. Makes it even better getting paid to sew!! She asked me to make Pacifier Clips, A Pacifier Pod, A Diapers & Wipes Clutch and a Infant Car Seat Blanket. I had a blast making them!!!!

011220121027

Here is the Infant Car Seat Blanket. I love these things and very much wish I had one when my kids were infants. Sorry the lighting is so bad, I took this on my cell phone.

 

And last of all, I had to do some altering for Owen Pants…

011520121040

Earlier this winter I had to hem all of Owen’s pants because they were a bit too long on him. Well, he has been growing like a weed lately so I had to pull out the Seam Ripper and un-hem all his pants. I can not believe how fast this kid has been growing!

That about sums up the Busy Burgess Household lately. Thanks for stopping in to see what we have been up to. Enjoy your week!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are a busy, busy, mother! It is always a joy to read your blog and look at the pics of my precious grandchildren!
You are such a wonderful mother! I love you and I am so proud of the life you and Brandon are living for the glory of God!

God Bless,
Mimi