Friday, January 6, 2012

Reality meet 2012, 2012 meet Reality

A week into a New Year and reality has set in. I really thought life would slow down after Christmas was over but really it has just added a new big pile of to-do lists in my lap. O well, staying busy keeps life very interesting.

Before I go onto our weeks happenings I wanted to share a few projects I did for Christmas gifts this past year. People say I am crafty and creative but honestly the majority of my craftiness comes from other peoples ideas, so really I guess I am just one big copy cat. All my handmade gifts this year were ideas I found on….wait for it….wait for it…..PINTEREST. Duh!

11282011878

Owen & Autumn’s friends either received a super hero dress up cape personalized with their initial or (above is Owen and Autumn modeling the capes they gave to Abby & Isaac)…

Christmas Gifts & Play Day Craft 004

A Sleepover/Travel Pillow Case. It has a pocket on the front of the pillow case to keep the things you would need to take on a road trip (stuffed animal, flash cards, books, coloring book) or things you would take for a sleepover. It also has a handle so you can carry it over your arm. I also personalized the pocket with the child’s initial. So fun.

Christmas Gifts & Play Day Craft 006Christmas Gifts & Play Day Craft 007

Here are a few others I made.

Christmas Gifts & Play Day Craft 014

I let the kids have fun at the $ Store and pick out some things to stuff the pockets with. My kids seriously LOVE the $ Store.

As for my friends, they each recieved …

Christmas Gifts & Play Day Craft 012

Some homemade Hand & Foot Sugar Scrub and…

Christmas Gifts & Play Day Craft 010

A Reusable & Reversible Coffee Cup Cozy. These were so fun to make with all my extra fabric scraps I had piling up.

Christmas Gifts & Play Day Craft 009Christmas Gifts & Play Day Craft 008

Simple, Fun & Practical. Love it.

Thanks for checking out all my fun stuff. I had a blast making all that stuff. Now I am busy making lots of baby shower gifts (for my dozens of friends that are pregnant) and Birthday gifts (since almost all of Owen’s friends were born in Feb or Mar). I tell you, life just never seems to slow down. As for this past week, we have been trying really hard to get back to reality. Taking down Christmas Décor, Getting back into the Pre-School routine, Cleaning, Grocery Shopping, Etc. Here are some fun pictures from our week….

January 6, 2012 002January 6, 2012 001January 6, 2012 005

This little girl has been loving dress up. She is so fun!

January 6, 2012 007January 6, 2012 011

This little guy was beyond excited to go back to school. I could not get him out of the house fast enough. So thankful he loves school. At least for now anyway.

As for Brandon’s days off this week, we spent the majority of the time cleaning, organizing and taking down the outdoor Christmas Decorations. The kids soaked up the good weather while Daddy was taking the lights down and played out front on the scooters and of course in their sweet Mustang…

  January 6, 2012 018

So Thankful for my awesome Husband who is so very helpful!

January 6, 2012 017January 6, 2012 038

January 6, 2012 022January 6, 2012 024

Riding their Scooters.

January 6, 2012 025January 6, 2012 027

And of course they have to try out the other persons scooters just to be sure they are exactly the same. Haha.

January 6, 2012 030

My crazy wild-child!

January 6, 2012 036

Playing in the tiny patch of snow still left in our yard.

January 6, 2012 035January 6, 2012 037

January 6, 2012 016

I can not explain how good he has got at driving this car. It is so fun to watch.

January 6, 2012 014

January 6, 2012 040

January 6, 2012 041

January 6, 2012 043

And that about sums up our week. Back to REALITY! Hope you all have a great Weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And they are off in their ride! Such cute pictures of my grandbabies! Thanks for sharing, it is "almost" as good as being there! Miss you all everyday!

Love,
Mimi