Saturday, November 12, 2011

What a week….

The week started off promising, but crashed and failed by the end! Monday was a great day. Got lots of things done around the house, ran some errands, babysat in the evening. All in all a successful good day. Tuesday things got off to a rocky start. We woke up to Autumn in a crib full of vomit! Yes, a very nasty sight and smell. No fever and overall she seemed fine, just a little whiny. Took Owen to school since he was fine and didn’t really do much after that. Did I mention Owen was “Snack Boy” again, in other words it was his turn to take snack for the class and he got to be the teachers special helper, he was in charge of the calendar, he got to be line leader,  ect. Basically it was his day to shine. Here is what he took for snack….

11072011823

He has been really into Kabobs lately, meaning any food assortment stacked on a stick. Why? I don’t know, he just finds them fun and fascinating. Anyway, he specifically asked me to stack Cheese, Grapes, & Ham and them repeat it ending with grapes. Why? Again no clue but he really likes to put things in patters. Guess he is a little particular like Mommy. Oops. Along with the kabobs he took juice boxes and Ritz Crackers. Yummy!

Wednesday nothing too exciting. Both kids seemed fine. No fevers, no puke, and no whining. Good day. Thursday morning is when everything started to crash and burn. I woke up at about 3am with a terrible tummy ache. By 4 I was over the toilet vomiting and by 6am we hear Owen yelling from his room, “Mommy, Daddy I need you” (this never happens) so we ran in his room to find him laying in a bed covered, and I mean covered, in vomit! We stripped him and his bed, threw the clothes in the washer and him in the shower. At this point I desperately needed to lay down because I was in so much pain and very sick to my stomach. Brandon took care of the kids while I laid in bed.  At 11am I finally started to doze off from not sleeping much the night prior, by 11:10am I hear Autumn start hysterical crying. I knew something was wrong so I wobbled my sick self downstairs to find her vomiting everywhere! By this point we knew we were in for a very fun day. After throwing her in the bath while Brandon was cleaning up the mess downstairs I almost fainted from being so weak and dehydrated from continual vomiting. Anyway to make a long story short or shorter I will just say the rest of the day was a nightmare.11102011828

(this is a disgusting picture of me, but this is what Owen and I did the majority of the day)

By the evening  I was able to get a prescription for some strong nausea meds and I finally started to feel a little better. Meaning I could finally sit up. By Friday morning I was feeling so much better, well compared to the day before. I still could not eat but I could at least stand up and walk around. The kids seemed okay, just not interested in eating anything, rightfully so! But, yep there is a but, Now Brandon had it in full force. He was now sick, vomiting and bed bound for the day! Ugh. Anyway, I have been planning a Baby Shower for a friend of mine for a couple months now that was supposed to be today. So while Brandon was sick in bed, I was busy downstairs disinfecting the house, decorating and getting things for the shower ready.  By about 4pm Brandon was starting to feel a bit better and made his way down stairs. At about 6pm I got a phone call from the friend I was throwing the shower for and she was very concerned about me hosting the shower at my house and risking getting all her guests sick with the nasty virus going around our house. Understandable. Very understandable. It was a really crappy situation but we decided to move the shower to her Mother-In-Laws house. By 8pm I put the kids to bed and started to undecorate my house and pack things up to transport over to the showers new location. Everything got done and decorations, food and paper goods got to where they needed to be. By 10pm Brandon and I melted into our bed from physical and emotional exhaustion and went to bed. Here is what my house looked like all decorated….

 Lindsey's Shower Decorations 022

Lindsey's Shower Decorations 024

Here are the Polk-a-dot Garland I made. So fun, so cute and so inexpensive! I made them out of paint samples (sorry home depot for the stacks of pastel paint samples I took) so they were basically free to make minus the glue and thread.

Lindsey's Shower Decorations 026Lindsey's Shower Decorations 028

The fun colorful Tissue Paper Pom Poms I made. Love them too!

Lindsey's Shower Decorations 030

Lindsey's Shower Decorations 032

The Bib Banner I made out of Scrapbook paper and Ribbon!

Lindsey's Shower Decorations 035

And last the Party Favors. We made some very similar to this at the last shower I threw but I could not find the cute little boxes we used last time so I settled for this. Came out cute even with the different materials. They were stuffed with Kettle Corn Topped with Melted White Chocolate and M&M’s. Yummy!

Lindsey's Shower Decorations 038

Lindsey's Shower Decorations 039Lindsey's Shower Decorations 040

Unfortunately I was unable to attend the shower with the risk of contaminating the guests with my nasty virus and my kids are still not 100% so I knew my #1 commitment was to be home with my them today. I talked to Lindsey and she said the shower went great. I'm still glad I was still able to do what I could for her despite the unfortunate circumstances that came up. She really deserves it. Her and her husband are a wonderful couple! Congrats again Mark & Lindsey on your new little blessing on the way, Caleb is going to be a wonderful big brother!

I think it goes without saying that this week was a total bummer. Lots of vomit, lots of emotion, lots of exhaustion, and a stinkin yucky virus caused it all! Needless to say today was a tough day for me. All I can cling to is the promise that God will not give me more than I am capable of handling. I am so blessed with so much so I can’t let one crappy week tear me down, although that is sometimes easier said than done. And as my day was a bit depressing and I was feeling very down my doorbell rang….

Lindsey's Shower Decorations 003Lindsey's Shower Decorations 005

Lindsey's Shower Decorations 002

Lindsey's Shower Decorations 001

I got the most beautiful flowers delivered to me. Gorgeous, aren’t they!  They were sent to me from my Mother-In-Law, Aunt Rose, Aunt Bev, Grandmother-In-Law and Sister-In-Law. Yes, Brandon’s family is amazing! Not sure how I survived 19 years of my life without knowing them. They sent them to me as a “cheer up” gift because they knew all that had gone on during the past few days. I am so blessed with the most wonderful Family-In-Law I could EVER ASK FOR!!!!!!! It was also my Sister-In-Laws baby shower today which I had to miss because I was throwing a shower the same day, and I still ended up missing two very important baby showers for two very important people to me! Thank you God for always blessing me even in the midst of hard times!

Lindsey's Shower Decorations 008

Lindsey's Shower Decorations 011Lindsey's Shower Decorations 009

And there are always these two to pick me up when I am down. Love my kids so so much!

 

I will be posting another blog with all the fun gifts/projects that I have been working on for these two showers that I have not been able to share. But now that gifts are given and opened I can finally share them all with my blog world. Tomorrow though, I'm pooped and need to rest for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you had a "challenging" week. But glad that you are leaning upon the Lord for strength. Take care, and Happy Birthday to my darling daughter-in-law!!!

Love you lots!!!