Monday, November 28, 2011

Go Broncos, Craft Party & Leftover Turkey…

1127201186511272011868

First things first. Go BRONCOS!!!! They pulled out their 4th win in a row yesterday. They sure made things interesting by winning in overtime, but nonetheless a win is a win! Hooray, it’s Tebow Time!!!!!

Okay, so yesterday we (the kids and I) got invited to a fun Christmas Crafts party by one of my very dear friends Justine. Justine and I have known each other since the 6th grade; however, we have been really bad at keeping in touch over the past 4 years. Anyway, we have been talking a lot lately and decided it was about time we get together, plus she was dying to meet my kiddos. She hosted a mini Christmas Craft party at her house. Due to my kids much needed naps, we ended up getting to the party 2 hours late. O well, better late than never. There was another dear friend of mine, Sarah, at the party with her sweet little girl Chloe. Sarah and I have also known each other since the 6th grade so it was so so so nice to see those girls and catch up. Justine doesn’t have any kiddos yet, but she is amazing with kids and my kids just adored her. Since we got to the party so late we missed a lot of the crafts they did. They made some super cute ornaments and other neat things. We did make it just in time to make some delicious Oreo Cookie Pops. Yummy! Of course I forgot my camera so I snapped a couple pics on my phone before we left. Thanks again so much for having us over Justine. We all had a blast and I can not wait to see you again soon!

11272011871

Here is Autumn and her new little friend Chloe. These two LOVED playing together. Chloe is 4 months older than Autumn and is absolutely adorable. These two colored their little hearts out.

11272011869

When we weren’t making cookie pops, Owen kind of minded his own business playing Angry Birds on the iPad. He is so obsessed with games, wonder where he gets that from Daddy? Lol.

11272011873

Here are some of the Cookie Pops the kids made. They took lollipop sticks, stuck them between the Oreos, dipped them in melted chocolate and them decorated them with sprinkles. They had so much fun making these and were on a massive sugar high from sampling things as they were making them. What a fun afternoon spent with some really good friends.

Today I decided I had to use up the leftover Turkey from Thanksgiving before it goes bad. I was going to make a Turkey Soup but decided against it since we have been eating a lot of soup lately. After lots of thinking I decided why not make a Turkey Pot Pie. Good thing I have the best helpers to assist me…

1128201187511282011876

I really need to invest in a second step stool because these two sharing one stool could have been a major disaster. Good thing they were so well behaved today. Lol. They both love to cook!

11282011877

And there you have it. Leftover Turkey Pot Pies. Can’t wait to bake them up for dinner tonight and one to go in the freezer for later.

What do you all do with your leftover Turkey?? I’d love some ideas for next year!

No comments: