Friday, November 18, 2011

What’s new?

Okay, so I am having some major writers block on what to title my blogs lately? Anyway, this blog is basically about what has been going on around here since the weekend. Again, major writers block so I will skip the jibber jabber and move onto pictures…

Christmas Decor 2011 001

On Wednesday I had the pleasure of watching two of my friends kids for a couple hours. Aubryn is my friend/neighbors youngest daughter and Jace is my friend Brittany’s son. Melissa watches Jace Monday-Friday because Brittany and her husband are both teachers. Anyway, Melissa got into a jam and needed to take her older two kids to a dentist appointment so I volunteered to watch the babies for her. Boy o boy was Autumn excited to have not 1 but 2 friends to play with. Autumn and Aubryn get along so well and absolutely love having play days! For those wondering Jace is 17 months, Autumn is 16 months and Aubryn is 10 months.

Christmas Decor 2011 005

Owen was such an amazing helper with the little ones. He had so much fun being silly and making them laugh at him. I love my big boy so much!

Christmas Decor 2011 016

The girls Reading a Book

Christmas Decor 2011 012Christmas Decor 2011 013

Jace was basically Owen’s shadow for the afternoon. He followed Owen everywhere and laughed hysterically at everything he did. I think Owen liked having a little boy look up to him. It was really sweet to watch. Jace went home before Aubryn and after he left Owen said, “this is boring can I go play in my room?” Hahaha. Guess he wasn’t into playing with the baby girls. he is such a boy!

Christmas Decor 2011 014

 

What other things are going on around here other than watching kiddos?

Christmas Decor 2011 052

Getting ready for Thanksgiving is #1. Especially since it is less than a week away now. We are expecting to have about 12 guests this year. I LOVE big thanksgiving crowds so I am anxiously awaiting next Thursday!

Speaking of guests, Mimi comes into town tonight!!!!!! We can not wait. I feel like one of the kids as I am counting down the days/hours for her arrival. We have not seen Mimi since July. Yes as in FOUR months ago. This is by far the longest distance between visits so you can just imagine how excited we all are to see her. Since we are all so anxious and excited we decided we better do something special to welcome her home….

Christmas Decor 2011 020Christmas Decor 2011 021

Here are the kids working hard on her Welcome Home Mimi sign.

Christmas Decor 2011 017Christmas Decor 2011 018Christmas Decor 2011 025

Christmas Decor 2011 028

It’s hard to see the white sign on the white door but you get the point.

Christmas Decor 2011 037Christmas Decor 2011 038

The sign is hung up on the door to her room. We also…

Christmas Decor 2011 035

Left a special treat for her on her bed, and….

Christmas Decor 2011 032Christmas Decor 2011 039

Hung up some balloon bouquets from the celling of her room.  The kids had so much fun decorating her room and I really can not express the excitement for her arrival. Long overdue!

And the last of the big stuff going on around here….

Christmas Decor 2011 051

Christmas decorating! I know to some it may seem early, but in the Burgess Household it is just right. If wal-mart and the mall can decorate why can’t we? I left the dinning room fall(ish) for Thanksgiving, but everything else is beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Brandon and I absolutely LOVE Christmas and especially Christmas decorating. I am doing things little by little so I don’t stress myself out which is working out just perfectly. As you can see we still need to decorate the tree but you get the point. I started decorating on Monday, which was my Birthday. I figured since it was my special day, I wanted to do something I love, which is Christmas decorating. Yay!!!!!

Christmas Decor 2011 050

My annual Picture wrapping as part of our decorating.

And of course, I couldn’t decorate without adding some new stuff with ideas I found on Pinterest. Come on, you knew it was coming.

Christmas Decor 2011 047

A wonderful idea I found on pinterest was to hang wreaths from your kitchen cabinets. I love this look. Thanks Hobby Lobby for the wonderful 50% off Christmas wreaths. Total cost $7.25!

Christmas Decor 2011 049

another fun inexpensive idea, hang ornaments from your curtain rod. So cute and so so so simple!

And my very very very favorite new decoration is….

Christmas Decor 2011 044

A tree made from sticks for my entryway table. This cost me zero dollars to make. I already had the pretty white vase, I added a ribbon, got the sticks from a dead tree in my parents yard, and hung some ornaments from it. I LOVE the way it came out and it was a major plus that it cost me nothing to make it!

Christmas Decor 2011 043

 

That about sums up what is new in our house! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are all getting in the holiday spirits as much as we are. Have a great weekend!!!!!!

No comments: