Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Past Couple Days

Well, I really could not think of a good title for this post. The past couple days, or Brandon’s day off, I guess seem appropriate. We really haven’t been up to much. Trying to relax and take things easy before the holiday busyness creeps up on us. Since I really don’t have much to talk about or blog about I will just put up some fun pictures from our past couple days relaxing.

On Thursday my sister invited me to go out with her and her best friend Cammy (who happens to be a very good friend of mine too) for dinner and drinks. I wasn’t going to go since we have Bible Study Thursday night until about 8pm, but my Husband encouraged me to go. He said I was in need of some adult time and a night away to myself. Thanks hubby, I did really need it! I met them downtown at Two Fools for dinner which was excellent and then we headed over to Monte Vista for some drinks. I could not really partake in that part of the evening since I had to drive but I still had a wonderful time. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. We had a blast! I could not ask for a better sister. Thanks again for the invite sissy, love you!

Girls Night Nov 2011 002

Me and my Beautiful Sister!

Girls Night Nov 2011 001

Cammy, Me & Jessica. What a fun night with some awesome company! Did I mention I didn’t get home until midnight! Yikes, that is way way way past my bedtime. Lol, I have turned into an old lady!

Friday was the first day in a very long time that we had absolutely no agenda and nothing we had to do. What a nice break! We basically hung out in our sweats all day and ran a few errands. After naps we headed over to my parents house to borrow their table saw for a couple projects that Brandon and I are working on. The kids had a blast playing on the swing set while Brandon and Pampo were busy at work in the garage. All in all, a day of relaxation was exactly what the Burgess Household was in need of.

 Girls Night Nov 2011 005Girls Night Nov 2011 006

Taking out the trash. I don’t mean that in a bad way, this is seriously what Brandon was trying to do before these two got in the way. Hahaha. Boxes are so much fun!

Girls Night Nov 2011 009Girls Night Nov 2011 008

The kids always give Daddy lots of lovin’ on his days off. They love their Daddy so so so much!

11042011814

Pampo and Daddy hard at work….

11042011808

means lots of fun play time for these two. They LOVE this swing set!

1104201180411042011813

1104201180011042011810

11042011807

And a day doesn’t go by in this house without trying something I found on pinterest…

11042011815

Mongolian Beef & Broccoli! It said it is an exact knock off of PF Changs Mongolian Beef. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical. O my goodness, it totally lived up to the reviews. Serve over rice and yum yum yum! Owen even loved it and boy o boy is he a picky eater!

Girls Night Nov 2011 012

And here is my first attempt at a Hairstyle I found on pinterest. It is called a sock bun. Why? Well because there is a sock in my hair. Yes, a sock! So easy and exactly what this mom on the go is in need of. Watch out world I see this being a new go to hairstyle for me! I will call it my new put together messy look. Great for the mornings I have to take Owen to school but haven’t had time to shower yet!

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another great blog! How do you do it, my busy daughter-in-law! You are one amazing lady!!!

Love you,
Mama B./Mimi XOXOXO!!!