Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Morning @ the Park & A Few More Dresses….

This morning was beautiful, sunny not too hot and zero wind, yay! Me and the kids met up with my very good friend Jess and her two little ones Abby & Isaac for a fun morning at the park. Since Jess lives on the other side of town when we get together she normally comes to us, so to change things up a bit we decided to go to her. We met at this beautiful huge park to have mini breakfast picnic and to let the kids run around and play together. Jess brought some delicious Banana Bran Muffins that we spread nutella on and I brought drinks and we each packed up some fresh fruit for the kids. What a FUN morning it was. Abby and Owen acted like they hadn’t seen each other in ages and were clinging to each other in no time flat. They had an absolute blast together. As for Autumn & Isaac, they equally had as much fun crawling all around snacking and trying to eat leaves, grass and wood chips. What little stinkers they are! I finally remembered to bring my camera for once but unfortunately I could not get a picture of Abby and Owen since they were running all over the place; but I did however get a few cute ones of the little ones. Enjoy…

Owen & Abby Park Day 020

Here is Abby and Owen spinning around some wood chips. They played so well together today. We basically had to pry them away from each other when it was time to leave. They were also having some very intense long conversations. They are too darn cute!

Owen & Abby Park Day 005

Here is Abby cheering Owen on as he walked across this obstacle course. So cute, she cheered so loud for him as he made it across. The other little boy and girl you see in the picture are some friends they made while we were at the park. The four of them went everywhere together.

Owen & Abby Park Day 008

And here are the cutie pies! Like how Autumn is trying to eat a leaf? Stinker!!!!!

Owen & Abby Park Day 014Owen & Abby Park Day 011

A-Dorable! Thanks a million for the cute sunbonnet Mimi!

Owen & Abby Park Day 016Owen & Abby Park Day 012

What a fun fun morning. Needless to say my kids napped amazing this afternoon! Yippee!

 

I know you all are very aware, I am obsessed with sewing!! I have been selling a few dresses here and there so that has kept me nice and occupied. One lady asked if I could make her daughter a 4th of July dress. We decided on a fabric that was festive but not too festive so she could wear it again with out it just looking like an American Flag. Here is the final product.

Cousins June 2011 005

So cute. I even made a cute matching red bow to go with. My client was very happy with her purchase. Yay!

 

Since I don’t really work off patterns to make dresses I am constantly searching the internet for good ideas and inspirations for new dress designs to try. I have a few in mind that I am hoping will come out the way they look in my head but we shall see, I haven’t actually starting any yet. Anyway as I was searching the internet for dress ideas and inspirations I stumbled across a dress this very talented lady made. She took a men's old Button Up Shirt and turned it into this adorable dress for her 4 year old daughter. Genius! Of course this had to be my next project so I immediately headed to Goodwill to buy a couple old button up shirts. 

Button Up Shirt Dress 001

Okay here you have it. Nothing special right? Just a little boys button up shirt. Cute for a boy but not so much my adorable daughter. $2 at Goodwill, great find!

Button Up Shirt Dress 005 Button Up Shirt Dress 006

And here is that same old little boys shirt revamped into an adorable summer dress for Autumn! Yay, I did it! It still needs a little bit of tweaking but not too bad for my first attempt.

Button Up Shirt Dress 009Button Up Shirt Dress 043

Perfect fit too! Here is my little model showing off mommy’s sewing skills. She is not even the tiniest bit camera shy.

Button Up Shirt Dress 037Button Up Shirt Dress 030

Button Up Shirt Dress 045

Here is what we refer to as the “Classic Autumn Scrunchy Face!” For such a tiny little girl she has the biggest personality I have ever seen. Thank you God for blessing us with this amazing child!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, wonderful pictures! Owen is quite the big boy climbin the obstacle course! The 4th of July dress is ADORABLE!!!! I also love the shirt dress and the model in the dress! I forgot I bought the sun bonnet for Autumn! She is so cute!!!

Love you,
Mimi