Thursday, August 29, 2013

Owen’s 1st Day of Kindergarten

Well, last week on Monday, August 19th, 2013, my baby boy started Kindergarten. It’s really hard to believe we are to this point in life that we now have an Child in Elementary School. We have talked about this day for what seems like an eternity, so it was very shocking when it finally arrived. I swore on everything I wasn’t going to cry, especially since I had done the ‘1st Day’ routine twice before with him for Pre-School & Pre-K. As usual I completely lied to myself. When I saw him line up outside the North East Entrance of the School in a sea of other Kindergarteners, my poor eyes could not hold back the tears. No more walking him into his classroom, no more signing him in and KNOWING he has been accounted for, and no more talking to the teacher at the end of the day to see how he did. My baby is growing and WAY too fast. Just as I expected he got into that line with such confidence and not an ounce of fear in his eyes and followed 17 classmates that he has never met before in while waving goodbye to Brandon, Autumn, and I. As sad as I am to watch him go off & grow, I am so excited for this next chapter of his life and being able to watch him grow over this next 2013-2014 School Year. Mommy & Daddy love you so much Buddy and are beyond proud of the Little Boy you have become. We will forever be your biggest supporters and your biggest Fans. Good Luck Bud!

Here are a few of my First Day Favorites…

1st Day of School 2013 (Take 2) 039

I simply cannot put into words how ecstatic he was about this Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Backpack :)

First Day of School 2013 032First Day of School 2013 018

1) Because I am Crazy and 2) Because this day felt so big, I tried a couple different chalk designs. Lol!

1st Day of Preschool! Aug 2011 014Owen's 1st Day of Pre-K 2012 020First Day of School 2013 050

First Day Comparison from 2011, 2012, & 2013.

First Day of School 2013 039First Day of School 2013 046

 

And it felt like days, but just a few short hours later and I FINALLY had this sweet boy back in my arms.

20130819_15183220130819_15185020130819_151912

We sure missed this little guy. Autumn even took him a special 1st Day of School Sucker for him when we picked him up.

Now, to get used to this routine 5 days a week may take some adjusting on all parts, especially now that Autumn has started Pre-School (Autumn’s 1st Day of Pre-School Pics coming soon).

No comments: