Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Back to School Night

Well, my sweet little baby boy is now officially a Kindergartener at Normandy Elementary School! I could not be any more excited for him and to say he is ready would be a complete understatement. The school is very highly ranked in Colorado and has a really good reputation within the community so I am really looking forward to this school year.

On Thursday, August 15th, his school had their Ice Cream Social Back to School Night. All the kids got to go to the school, eat a yummy Ice Cream Sundae, drop off their school supplies, check out their classrooms, and most importantly meet their teacher. Owen had been counting down the days for the Ice Cream Social for about 4 weeks, he was beside himself with anticipation. Unfortunately Brandon could not make it that night, so we invited Mimi to join us for the special evening.

20130815_173428

My little Normandy Knight!

20130815_173522

I cannot explain in words how excited he was for this Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Backpack. It was probably the cheapest made backpack out there and will most likely break before Christmas, but I promised he could chose whichever one he wanted and a promise is a promise and he is ecstatic!

20130815_173740

Yes, Kindergarten in Colorado are only Half Days. There are obviously some major pro’s and con’s to this, but overall I’m happy I only have to share him for a few hours a day. And because Autumn will be attending Preschool a couple days a week and I can’t be in two places at once, Owen is doing PM Kindergarten. I am so happy with this decision as it will give Owen and I some one on one time (which is an extreme rarity) while Autumn is in school and the class size for PM Kindergarten is a lot less than AM Kindergarten. He has 17 students in his class, 12 Boys & 5 Girls. A bit lopsided, but 17 kids is GREAT for a public school.

20130815_174204

Eating their Ice Cream with Mimi :)

20130815_18174520130815_181902

Checking out his classroom!

20130815_183610

So SO SO SO SO SO SO excited for this little guy and am honestly still in complete shock we are in this new stage of life and have a child in Elementary School.

Here is to an awesome 2013-2014 school year, Best of Luck my Sweet Owen Michael Burgess!!!!!

(Check in soon for 1st Day of School Pictures)

No comments: