Monday, September 2, 2013

Autumn’s 1st Day of Preschool

Brandon and I struggled with the decision when Owen was 3 weather or not to send him to Preschool, and we had the same struggle with Autumn. And while every parent has their reasoning's for doing 1 year, 2 years, or No Preschool at all, I don’t think there is a right or wrong decision and I truly believe it should be based on each individual child. With that said, and without going into our lists of Pro’s & Con’s of weather to send her or not (mainly for times sake), we made the decision to send Autumn to 2 years of Preschool, as we did with Owen. She will be going to Preschool 2 mornings a week (Tues & Thurs) for 3 hours, so 6 hours total a week. We are very happy with our final decision, not to mention I know get those 6 hours a week one on one time with Owen. I am REALLY looking forward to this special time as our one on one time is very rare and I’ll never get this kind of time with him again once he is in school full-time next year.

Autumn has been back and forth with her feeling about Preschool switching from nervousness (mainly separation nerves) to pure excitement. But once the big day finally came she was absolutely thrilled & more than ready with not a single tear (from her anyway) when I dropped her off. Which completely broke my heart, but deep down I’m grateful she is so excited. I have heard taking your second child to school is much easier because you have already been through it, but in my case it wasn’t. I had such a hard time dropping her off. She is my little side kick who goes everywhere with me. She’s a Momma’s girl. My little Princess who is so full of personality & is ALWAYS making me laugh. All I can say is Thank God I still have Owen with me while she is gone or I’d be a clueless hot mess.

Autumn loves her new teachers and her cute little classroom. I cannot explain the excitement on her face when she saw how little the potty was, she said “its just my size”! Lol. Mrs. Stacey is her teacher, an adorable sweet Southern Bell with the cutest accent, and Mrs. Angie is the Assistant Teacher, who is very soft spoken and has two young kids of her own. Autumn took to them right away and talks about them nonstop. She has 12 kids in her class. Her BFF, Eisley is in her class, as well as Emmy who she has done gymnastics with for the past 9 months. She is thrilled! Here are some pictures from her 1st week of Preschool.

First Day of School 2013 006

First Day of School 2013 014

Here is a little side by side comparison to last year…

Owen's 1st Day of Pre-K 2012 028First Day of School 2013 008

First Day of School 2013 053First Day of School 2013 045

All ready to go!

20130827_101957

20130827_09401920130827_100042

20130829_085946

I know this is a blurry picture, but it’s SO SO SO SWEET! Love these cuties so much!

No comments: