Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Owen’s 1st Sleepover

Yep, you read this correctly, Owen had his very 1st sleepover the day before Labor Day 2013. For whatever reason, I felt this was SUCH a big milestone. Owen and his Best Friend, Luke, had been asking since last December if they could have a sleepover. Four just seemed too young. Any who, since they started asking, I was constantly asking myself (and discussing it with Brandon), How young is too young to have a sleepover? I finally came up with an answer. If the kiddos aren’t scared, can sleep through the night , and they have trustworthy parents that you know, than what’s the big deal what their age is. Luke’s Mom and I are very close and trust one another 100%. So after continually telling the boys they could try it in July, July finally came and went, and to no surprise the boys started reminding us. Michelle and I finally decided it was time to give this Sleepover thing a try. The Sunday night of Labor Day weekend we invited Luke over to our house for a sleepover since they didn’t have school on Monday. I was more nervous than either of the boys. I was so worried Luke was going to get scared in the middle of the night and I was going to have to take him home at 2 in the morning. Who am I kidding, I’m a worry wart!

Any who, enough of my blabbering and onto some pictures. And for all you wondering the boys did Fantastic and no one got scarred. They slept great and didn’t wake once during the night, minus a late bedtime, but what kid doesn’t stay up too late at a sleepover?!?!? They finally crashed at 10:45pm and were up at 7:30am. What a super fun night and a HUGE milestone to record in the books. Here’s to many more sleepovers to come!

20130901_190818

Luke & Owen eating Pizza for dinner, their choice :)

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, I think it shows a great deal your child’s character by who they choose to be friends with. I could not be more proud of Owen choosing Luke to be his BFF. Luke is such a sweet, kind hearted, well mannered child who comes from an awesome family. Owen & Luke became BFF’s at Pre-School last year and have been inseparable ever since. They go to different schools this year and miss each other so much, so Michelle and I set up as many paydays as possible.

20130901_215213

They chose to sleep in their sleeping bags on the floor and were SO excited about it!

20130901_215328

For Breakfast they chose Waffles, Blueberries, and Chocolate Milk…

20130902_08054520130902_080547

While wearing Ninja Turtle Masks of course.

After breakfast and getting ready we went to the park for a couple hours before Luke had to go home.

20130902_10211820130902_102220

20130902_11152120130902_111547

The boys did a great job of making Autumn feel included. I kept her occupied at home so the boys could have some space to play by themselves, but when she was around they were very sweet with her. What a great set of boys!

Thank you Luke for being such a sweet & awesome friend. We are so very thankful Owen found you!

No comments: