Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Eve

So, as you can see I am not as on top of the game with Christmas Blogging. We are having company this weekend and I am hosting a New Years Party on Monday so needless to say I HAVE NO TIME for anything. Ahhhh, and the chaos and busyness continues. So since I don’t have a ton of time (none really) but I really want my NM family to have a peek at our Christmas since they were EXTREMELY missed this Christmas, I am going to try and post a blog of our Christmas Eve. I’ll have to find time to fit in Christmas Day later.

Okay Christmas Eve:

Christmas Eve was quite laid back, which was SO awesome since Christmas Day was so busy, crazy, chaotic and wonderful. We took the morning really slow just spending time as a family, it was wonderful and very much needed. After Autumn’s nap, Mimi came over and we all headed to the 3 O’clock Service at Church. Wow, is all I can say. One of the best Christmas Church services I have ever been to. They even had an Violinist and a Baby Grand Piano and played some Tran Siberian Orchestra Songs, it was so awesome! After an amazing sermon the five of us headed back to our house and Brandon and I prepared a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner that included A Whole Roasted Chicken, Butter Pecan Sweet Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, a Salad and some delicious Chocolate Silk Pie that my Mother-In-Law brought over. After dinner and dessert we just played with the kids, let them each open 1 present and set out some treats for Santa & his Reindeers. Honestly it was a PERFECT day!!! I know you all would expect nothing less than lots and lots of pictures so I won’t disappoint. Enjoy.

Christmas 2012 032Christmas 2012 028

Cuteness Overload! Here are my babies all dressed for Church!

Christmas 2012 060

Our best attempt of many to get a family picture….failure, my kids look so miserable. haha.

Christmas 2012 057Christmas 2012 064

Christmas 2012 003Christmas 2012 008Christmas 2012 037

Mimi kept the kids entertained while Brandon and I were busy cooking.

Christmas 2012 012Christmas 2012 021

I decided to give 2 new recipes a shot: Crock Pot Whole Chicken & Butter Pecan Sweet Potatoes. Where did I find the recipes? Pinterest, surprise surprise. O my goodness I can not put into words how absolutely delicious both of these dishes were. Pinterest wins again!!!!!

Christmas 2012 013Christmas 2012 016

I used the juices that were left in the crock pot for gravy to go over the meat & potatoes and it was the most flavorful gravy I have ever tasted.

Christmas 2012 020

The Dinner Spread. Yum!!!

After dinner I took a few more cute pics of the kids in front of the tree before they slipped into their pjs.

Christmas 2012 050Christmas 2012 052

Nothing better than seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child.

Christmas 2012 045Christmas 2012 046

Christmas 2012 071

We ate dessert,

Christmas 2012 067Christmas 2012 068

We loved on our awesome Mimi,

Christmas 2012 077Christmas 2012 085Christmas 2012 079

The kids got each opened 1 of the gifts that Nana & Pampo sent,

Christmas 2012 082Christmas 2012 083Christmas 2012 084

Autumn’s expressions were SO priceless. She is so funny and full of personality!

Christmas 2012 089Christmas 2012 091

And to end the night, the kids set out a special treat for our night time visitors.

Christmas 2012 094Christmas 2012 093

A gift for Santa & His Crew!

Owen’s mind was racing with questions when I laid him down on Christmas Eve. What time will Santa get here? Will I hear his jingle bells? How will he fit in the Chimney? Do the Reindeers actually come in side too? Can I got down and see them when they get here? How does he get to every house? What if he forgets our house? Yes, if you can imagine the list goes on. The kid analysis everything and always needs to know just how everything works. I love him to pieces, such a fun boy and a huge blessing! I finally got him to stop asking questions and they both drifted off to sleep while ‘Magic’ was happening downstairs.

Before I go, here is a quick Sneak Peak at the magic that took place over night…

Christmas 2012 101

Empty stocking were magically filled,

Christmas 2012 097

and there were additions to the gifts underneath the tree!

Christmas 2012 095

And loads of gifts were packed up and ready to be taken to the BIG family Christmas at my Sister-In-Laws!!!

Merry Christmas Eve everyone. I really hope to be back soon with my GINORMOUS post from Christmas Day, but if it doesn’t come until after the New Year don’t be shocked I have a to do list a mile long before our company gets here tomorrow. On that note, I got’s to go….

No comments: