Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Niece is FINALLY here!

My poor sister would not go into labor on her own, so 10 days past her due date they had to induce her labor. After all that time waiting past her due date we were all so anxious to finally meet her sweet baby girl. She went in at 7:30 Sunday night, December 12th, and finally had her at 2:46 on Tuesday morning, December 14th. Yes my friends that is a total of 31 hours. My poor sister was a trooper and the labor process reminded me a ton of what I went through to get Owen into this world.
Here are the wonderful parents to be, My sister and brother-in-law 24 hours into waiting for their precious baby to arrive.
I could not stop starring at this monitor. It was fun watching my nieces heart rate & seeing how intense my sisters contractions were. I will admit it was a little strange being on the other side after having 2 kids of my own. My sis did awesome though. My mom and I wanted to give my sister and her husband some quite time to rest before the baby's arrival so we went down to the cafeteria for a midnight snack, literally it was midnight! I am not going to lie, we were pretty tired of waiting, can you tell from our faces? We were bored and needed to pass the time. We are nerds, I know.
Abigail Michaela Bollinger!
December 14th @ 2:46am
8lbs. 2oz. & 21.25 in.
Isn't she so adorable? Check out that full head of black hair. So stinkin cute. Good thing I bought her lots of bows, she is gonna need them. I am so excited to be an Aunt for the first time and I am even more excited we get to raise our kids together. Her and Autumn are gonna be little trouble makers, I can already see it. Here are the cousins meeting for the first time. Autumn had so much fun starring at her. Cutest picture ever! Look at that admiration in my sisters eyes. She is gonna be such a good Mommy! Congrats Chris & Jessica we love you!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful collection of postings on your blog, Vanessa! Lots of things happening in the Burgess household! See you soon...
Mimi