Saturday, November 13, 2010

A New Found Respect...

For those of you who don't know, Brandon has been out of the Country since Tuesday. Yes, that means I have been solo with two kids for 5 days now! This is where the new found respect thing comes in. I have no clue how mom's who have husbands in the Military or work in the Missions Field do it, or a widow or single parent for that matter! Let me tell you, it is hard, non stop, exhausting and overwhelming and my husband will only be gone 6 days. Brandon's Best Friend, Jorge, who he met in College is from Panama. He moved back there after college and is now getting married. He made the trip up here to stand in our wedding 4 years ago and Brandon always promised to be there for his. We had to keep good on our promise, so Brandon is down there now standing in his wedding. It was too expensive to fly the whole family down, not to mention how hard the 9 hour plane ride would have been, and I am no where near ready to leave my kids for that long so I stayed behind to hold the fort down. I can't lie and pretend I am not extremely jealous of Brandon for getting this time away & visiting an amazing beautiful place, I am so happy he got the opportunity to be there for such a wonderful friend. Brandon has been so stressed with work lately and is constantly doing things for other people that I am so glad he is getting some time away and taking some time for himself because he really does deserve it. Well, it has been an exhausting week, especially since I have been under the weather on top of being alone, but with one full day left I am beyond ready for his arrival back home. Thanks to two amazing parents, a wonderful 8 month pregnant sister and an awesome BFF I have made it through. I am however sick of eating Shells & Cheese, Frozen Pizza, Fast Food & Bologna Sandwiches, and would like to get back to getting dressed before noon. Here are some pics from our week.
I would like to say this picture was taken early in the morning since both kids are in their pj's but who am I kidding, I think this was around lunch time.
Autumn is full on teething. She drools and bites on anything and everything she can get her little hands on. Her bottom two teeth are just about ready to pop through. Poor Baby Girl!
But it doesn't stop her from smiling! She is so fun. She has just started giggling and it melts my heart. She is just plain adorable!
This little boy has had quite a rough week without his Daddy! He is a total Daddy's boy and cried his little heart out when we dropped Brandon off at the airport. If you ask him where his Daddy is he will say, at the airport or in Panda (that is what he calls Panama). Too funny. Every time we pull in the Garage he sees Brandon's car and gets a huge smile and says, "Yay, Da-Da's home!" Yes, it breaks my heart to tell him, "No Owen, not yet." Then he looks up with a super disappointed face and says, "Okay mommy 5 more minutes." Poor kids have absolutely no sense of time!
Kind of a random picture, but I have waited a long time to put my daughter in a jean skirt with leggings. I have such a fun time playing dress up with her.
Owen loves his little sister. He loves to make her smile by singing to her and in this picture he is shaking her rattle for her. I love seeing the two of them interact with each other.
And one of his favorite things to do is kiss her. I love them so much!
This little flower is her favorite teething toy. Thanks Melissa!
Mommy loves this little hand!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vanessa, You are such a WONDERFUL mother! I have respect for you and a heart full of gratitude for all you do for my son and grandchildren! You are a blessing to me!
Love you,
Mama B.