Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Peeling Chile

Every year Brandon, Me and my parents all go in together and buy a huge box of Chile to split. We buy it Pre roasted and then we have a get together and make green Chile stew while we peel the Chile we bought. This past Sunday was our get together to peel Chile! Unfortunately I spent the whole day in the ER so it didn't quite go like it normally does. No worries, I am doing fine. It was very minor. I had two pretty large cysts on my ovaries that ruptured. Cysts are very normal in women, mine just unfortunately got bigger than normal and burst. All they can really do for you is put you on bed rest for a couple days and give you some pain meds. Well needless to say, Brandon played Mr. Mom the past couple days, and of course Owen had a blast with his Daddy. Anyway, the Chile peeling still had to go on since we had bought it the day before. If you don't peel it and freeze it right away it will go bad. My Dad and Brandon made excellent Chile peelers. While my poor mom was stuck taking care of me and Owen. Yummy, nice roasted unpeeled Chile

Here are the guys peeling Chile and watching football. What more could a guy want?Seriously, look how happy they are.Here is the nice peeled Chile.

And here is poor sick Mommy on bed rest with her little sweetie pie. Owen did a great job hepling Nana take care of me. I think kids really know when your not feeling good cause he was so sweet and cuddled with me which is not very normal but I loved it.

No comments: