Wednesday, June 20, 2012

WE ARE MOVING!!!!!!!!!

I am about 99.9% of all my blog followers already knew that the Burgess family is moving. We had to keep it from the blog and other social network sites because Brandon had not yet given his notice to his work. But today was the day. Brandon went to work early this morning and officially gave his 2 week notice. Things went really great and his boss was very nice and understanding. His last day of work with Pulte will be July 4th. So what now for the burgess family? Well, here is a recap of all that has been going on….

About 6 weeks ago, Brandon received a call from his former boss, and Uncle, that there is a great job opportunity for him up in Colorado. Not thinking too much into things, but respecting his uncle/former boss/mentor/spiritual leaders advice, he decided to at least look into it. Well, after a few phone calls and an official Phone Interview Brandon was offered the Sales Position with KB Homes up in Denver. He basically told them that if our house sold he would accept the position but we were still waiting to get official notice that our house had in fact sold. After a week of praying non-stop about where God wanted our family to be we got the call. Monday morning we got a call saying the offer on our house was accepted and that closing would be July 9th. It made our decision pretty solid in feeling this was Gods way of making it clear where he wanted our family to be. So to make a long story short, he called and accepted the position.

His new boss Randy asked if he could come in on June 4th for an official face to face to make sure it was a good decision on both ends. My wonderful mother took some time off work to help us out and keep the kids while we went on a super quick 36 hour trip up to Colorado. We left on June 3rd after Brandon got off work and arrived in Denver about 1am Monday morning. He went to meet with his new boss at 8:00am and I was on a hunt for a rental house that I had one day to find. My wonderful sister-in-law graciously drove me around all day while I went from house to house looking for the right one. After a whole day of looking I was set on one particular house in Littleton, CO about 1 mile from Brandon’s Dad’s house. We placed the application on the house and were in suspense waiting for a response from the landlord. Unfortunately we did not hear back and had to head home Tuesday morning still in suspense and empty handed. I’ll be honest, I was an emotional wreck knowing we would not be heading back that way until moving day. After about a week, we heard back and the house is all ours. WAY!!!!!

There is so much I want to share after having to bottle all this new up for over a month now but I could probably be here all day, and as you can guess, I am very limited on time. Moving day is just 2 weeks and 3 days away now so things are crazy crazy crazy around here and time is quickly ticking away. Between packing, day to day stuff, sewing orders, lots of goodbye dinners, camping trips, swim lessons and soccer, I am one extremely exhausted mess at the end of each day. I am so thankful to be able to share with my dear blog all the news and happenings in our lives and I am sure ill be back occasionally to let out all that is going on. Please keep our family in your prayers as the next few weeks are going to be tough and exciting all at the same time. We are anxious to see what this next chapter of our lives has in store for us. As much excitement as we feel about everything, there is also a lot of sadness. There are some irreplaceable friends, an AMAZING church we are leaving behind and I can’t even discuss how I feel about leaving My Parents, My Sister and My Nice or we’d be here all month :”(

Seeing as the most moving I have ever done is from my bedroom in my parents house into our current house, things have got off to a rocky start as far as packing goes. After multiple craigslist listings and weekly Goodwill run’s I think we finally have things under control. Think being the key word here. Here is what the past 4 weeks have looked like around here.

Owen's 4th Birthday 007

Owen's 4th Birthday 010

061320121708

061320121709

060120121693

Small Recap…..

So I just realized how overwhelming this blog is sounding (guess that is what happens when I have to keep my mouth closed for 6 weeks) so here is a little recap to simplify things a bit.

1.) We sold our house. Yay God!!!! Huge relief.

2.)We are moving to Littleton, Colorado on July 7th, 2012.

3) Brandon accepted a Sales Position with KB Homes up in the Denver Metro Area and will start work on July 30, 2012. It is a lateral move for Brandon right now, but there is a very high chance of advancement to either a General Sales Manager or a VP of Sales that has already been discussed between Brandon and his new boss that he will be training for as soon as he starts.

4.) Things are crazy crazy crazy around here and we are in much need of prayers.

 

What a relief to get all that out in the open! Have a great rest of the week, I got some packing to do!

No comments: