Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Sickness Continues

Well, I would love to check in with my awesome blog followers to tell you my house is all recovered and the sickness is gone, but unfortunately I can not do that. Autumn seemed to be back to her normal self on Saturday and Sunday but Sunday night was a totally different story. She was up on and off all night with another high fever (103.6), cough and just plain restless. I called the doctor Monday morning and they wanted me to bring her back in to make sure the infection hadn’t settled in her lungs causing her to now have pneumonia. After ANOTHER trip to the doctor we had completely baffled them. Lungs sounded good (which meant no pneumonia, thank God), oxygen was good, ears were clearing up from the infection. Her doctor really couldn’t understand what was going on. His only guess was that she has caught, yet again, another virus that was causing the high fever. Needless to say Autumn was not happy to be back at the doctors and was losing it every time they even came close to her, so her doctor didn’t want to push our luck with any further tests. He sent us home and told us to continue the nebulizers and Tylenol. He said if she wasn’t better by Wednesday to bring her back in and they would have to run blood work and a urine catheter to see what was going on.

With all that said, we did have a better night last night. Not great, but better, and after 3 weeks of this sickness going around our house, I’ll take better! Her temp is way down today which is a great sign and she seems less whiny so far (better not jinx it). So needless to say, I’m exhausted, she is exhausted, Daddy is exhausted, and Owen is wired from being cooped up in the house for going on 3 weeks. I have to admit I am also sick of being stuck in this house. So we had to get creative to keep these kids, and us, from going nuts. So what did Daddy do….he built a Fort of course. And not just any fort, a fort that takes up the entire dinning room. He scored some major cool points with the kids for this one. Way to go Dad!!!!

The Dinning Room Fort 004

Here you have it! This went up last Friday and is still up. Why? Well, because the kids live in this thing. They have not played in the playroom in 5 days. They alternate bringing certain toys/books in here and stay in there all day. They love it. It’s like their own little getaway. Good thing we don’t have any dinner parties coming up any time soon. Haha.

The Dinning Room Fort 008The Dinning Room Fort 014

Here is the entrance. A box with a “secret trap door”. Owen said the password is, “I love Jesus.” I love this Kid!!

The Dinning Room Fort 011The Dinning Room Fort 016

The Dinning Room Fort 022

Owen and Daddy looking at the “stars” from their secret Fort. I seriously LOVE this kids imagination. He is so obsessed with Space.

The Dinning Room Fort 027

He is also really starting to like super hero's. Here is the Hulk and Spiderman hanging from under the dinning room table inside the fort.

The Dinning Room Fort 013

He even got to talk to his Mimi from inside his fort. I’m telling you we spend most of our day in this thing. Secretly I am really starting to love this thing too. Shhh, don’t tell anyone. P.s. don’t judge my looks, I am severely  sleep deprived and exhausted.

  The Dinning Room Fort 006The Dinning Room Fort 029

Playing dolls and having meltdowns in the fort happen a lot too.

The Dinning Room Fort 041The Dinning Room Fort 042

 

And other than playing in the fort, there has been a lot of snuggle time going around this house…

The Dinning Room Fort 031The Dinning Room Fort 037

The Dinning Room Fort 038

And one little story to leave you with…

Yesterday I was desperately trying to get some laundry folded since it was piling up and taking over my house. Of course Autumn was none too pleased with me not holding her, so she was standing right by me crying her little eyes out trying to get me to pick her up. Just fyi, Owen is pretty sick of hearing Autumn cry and whine since she has been sick forever. Owen goes up to Autumn and says the following….”Autumn, I will sit on the floor and hold you if you will PLEASE just STOP CRYING!” Haha. I’m glad I’m not the only one it is wearing on. Poor girl. Hope she is finally on the mend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a sweet big brother! Tell Daddy Owen is showing God's love in many ways and Mimi is so proud of him! I continue to pray for rest and recovery for all of you!

Love you dearly,
Mimi