Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Past Few Days…

Well, I did not think it was at all possible, but the sickness in the Burgess household continues. Thankfully it’s me and not the kids, but nonetheless I am sick of all the sickness. We are going on a MONTH of sickness going around our house. Insane. I went to the doctor on Tuesday to find out I have a double ear and sinus infection. The good news is after 48 hours on antibiotics I am feeling like a new person again. The unfortunate part to that is that Thursday I ended up with the nasty stomach bug that has been going around. Needless to say, I am choosing to ignore the fact that my tummy feels terrible and go on with life because if I slow down to think much about it I may go insane. So that is how the week started. Sorry, I really needed to vent it out!

Ok. So what did we do this week. Tuesday I made a Valentines Day post but that evening my Mom stopped by with more Valentines so I thought I would share. So here is Valentines Day Continued….

Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 001

My sister and Abigail were over too. My wonderful sister came to watch my kiddos while I went to the doctor. She was a super big help. Then my hubby came home early from work to take over so I could get some much needed rest. I have such an amazing family. So blessed!!!

Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 005Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 008

Skittles and Hot Wheels!

Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 022

Autumn got a really cool new ABC puzzle.

Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 009Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 017

Auntie got a pretty necklace and Abi also got a puzzle.

Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 021

And I got a matching necklace to my sisters. Love it.

Thanks so much Nana & Pampo for all the generous gifts. You guys spoil us rotten. Love you guys!

 

Thursday we mainly just did the usual weekend stuff. Took Owen to school, ran some errands and did some major cleaning/reorganizing around here….

Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 040

So this is a glimpse of what our guest room turned sewing room looked like all spilled out in my living room. This is all my sewing stuff. My mission for the day was to get all this stuff organized to make my new ventures with Nessy’s Dressy’s a little easier on myself. I should have taken an after picture but I forgot. It is finally all organized and I now know where all my supplies are. Yay!

Later that evening Brandon and I went on a much much needed date. We called our amazing sitter Kenzie and she was stoked to come spend the evening with our kiddos. It’s a treat for the kids too because they absolutely adore her! We went and had dinner at Lone Star (too bad my tummy felt like poo and I couldn’t really eat much) and then headed to the movies to see Safe House. Great movie by the way. It was such a fun night and a great time for Brandon and I to connect. Thanks again Kenzie for watching the kids, Owen is still talking about how much fun he had!

Friday morning we went with some of our very good friends (the Lucio Family)to spend the morning having some fun at Chuck E. Cheese. The kids had a blast! What a fun fun way to start the day. Just a little secret if you go to Chuck E. Cheese right at 9am when they open they are testing all the rides and games and they let you keep all the free tickets that are coming out of the machines, and there is no one else there. We had the entire place to ourselves for 2 hours!

 021720121190

Autumn, Aubryn & Jace taking a ride. Jace is the little boy my friend Melissa babysits who happens to be our friends Brittany and Travis’ son. Aren’t they adorable?!?!

02172012094

Owen riding the horse.

021720121195021720121192

Averie & Owen riding the bike!

021720121198021720121194

021720121193

Aiden was so into this racing game. I think he spent all his time playing this 1 game. Haha

02172012095021720121197

I have to admit, Chuck E. Cheese is seriously overpriced but every once in awhile it is worth it to watch your kids have a blast!

Later that day we packed up the family and headed across town to Uptown Albuquerque. I had an appointment at Alfred Angelo Bridal Salon to try on some bridesmaids dresses for my Best Friends Wedding in August. It pretty tough because all of us bridesmaids live in different states so we are all trying on her dress choices and e-mailing her pictures so she can decide what dress she likes best. I was a little worried about how the kids would behave while I was trying dresses on but they really did great and Brandon was able to take pictures of me to send to her. After that we spent some family time walking around uptown. I snapped a few pictures of the kids since we had the camera  from my dress shopping and they actually came out super cute.

Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 044

Autumn watching Mommy Model. Haha. She loved the giant wall of mirrors.

Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 068Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 069

Enjoying an outdoor stroll.

Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 071

Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 074

Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 075

Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 076Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 086

Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 080Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 083

Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 089

Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 091Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 095

Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 101

And to top off our fun filled family day we decided to head to the very first Chipolte to come to Albuquerque for dinner. If you know my husband at all you know he absolutely LOVES Chipolte and has been dying for one to open up here. He was so excited!!! It’s too bad the only Chipolte here is so far from our house. Maybe they will open one up on the Westside of town. Fingers crossed.

Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 102

Again the only thing that could have made the day even better was if I was actually able to eat. O well, next time!

Valentines Day (Cont) & Bridesmaids Dress's 097

And Daddy was one happy guy after his giant burrito! So worth it!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darling post!
Sorry the sickness bug has hit your family hard this month. I am praying for healing for all of you!

Love you lots,
Mimi