Monday, February 27, 2012

Reflection & Our Weekend

Well, for those of you who don’t already know, our house will officially be listed ‘For Sale’ later this afternoon. We, along with half the world, are lucky  enough to feel the ‘hit’ that the economy has taken over the past 6 years. It’s a bittersweet day for us. We are both very much ready to be over with this ‘storm’ but its also sad knowing we are leaving the house that we brought both our kids home from the hospital in. So as I am sure you can all guess we have been going through a lot and lots of emotions have been stirring up around here. So as we have been a bit anxious, nervous, sad, happy & worried we have been constantly turning to God for guidance and wisdom as we embark on this next chapter of our lives. As I am sure all you fellow believers already know, but God has a very awesome way of speaking directly to you when you need it and when you seek out His wisdom.

So this past weekend while sitting in church, it was one of those moments where I felt God was speaking directly to Brandon and I. Our pastor is in the middle of a Sermon Series where he is basically going phrase by phrase over what it means to ‘Live’ out the Lords Prayer. This week he was going over the phrase “give us this day our daily bread,” Matthew 6:11. It was a perfect verse that Brandon and I needed to hear. Our Pastor was basically talking about how we need to turn to God in every aspect of life and to know, depend and trust that God will provide our ‘Daily Bread’. In that moment of hearing this, I knew I needed to just completely give over the situation we are currently in fully over to God and stop worrying and being nervous or anxious about anything because ultimately God is in control of this whole situation, not me. (So humbling to hear you are not in control of everything.) After the sermon, I said a lengthy prayer asking God to take the drivers seat and take over for me. I immediately felt a huge burden lifted from my shoulders and I have a peace that I can not explain. God is so amazing. Here is a little insert that was in our bulletin this week that is really helping me right now:

* When we don’t know what to do, God is our source of wisdom. –Psalm 36:9

*When we feel like life is caving in around us, God is our source of happiness. –Psalm 43:4

* When we feel like all hope is gone, God is our source of hope. –Romans 15:13

* When our life is stressed out, God is our source of peace. –Romans 15:33

*When we feel like giving up, God is our source of encouragement. –Romans 15:5

*When we are overwhelmed with guilt, God is our source of salvation. –Hebrews 5:9

Anyway, I guess the point I am trying to make in all this, is that even though I gave my life to Christ 4+ years ago it is still a daily struggle for me to give up full control of hard situations and circumstances over to God. I am so thankful to have God’s word to read through Daily to comfort me in times like these. Please pray for us and the sale of our house as these next 3-6 months are going to be rough. Keeping a house ‘show worthy’ with 2 kiddos under 4 is quite a challenge and a lot of work but I am up for the challenge and know we will get through this.

Okay, onto the weekend. Besides cleaning sewing and doing laundry, we mainly spent all our time this weekend with one of my Best Friends, Melissa and her two kiddos Aiden & Aubryn. Her husband and middle daughter are out of town visiting his very sick father so I decided to keep her company so she doesn’t have a chance to be lonely. It was a blast. Saturday we met up at Dion’s for lunch. It was delish and all four kids had a blast. Sunday, I watched Aubryn for her so she could take Aiden out for a little one on one time. After their Mommy-Son date they came back to our house for some play time. My Sister and Abigail also joined. It was a blast watching all the kiddos play. Then this morning I went over to her house to watch Aubryn and the two boys she babysits for, Mark & Jace, while she took Aiden to school so she didn’t have to load up 5 kids to drop 1 off at school. I basically had to force my help on her since she is super independent and doesn’t like to ask for help. Love my stubborn friend! Haha. Then we hung out for a bit once she got back. It has been fun spending so much time together. I absolutely LOVE her and her family! Since this blog has been a lot of writing and reflecting, here are a few pics from the weekend for all you who stuck it out and listened to me ramble and reflect…

Abby, Autumn & Aubryn 006

Aubryn (13 Months), Autumn (19 Months), & Abigail (14 months)

Abby, Autumn & Aubryn 011

Then Owen and Abi switched places. Haha

Abby, Autumn & Aubryn 003Abby, Autumn & Aubryn 005Abby, Autumn & Aubryn 013

Love these girlies!

Abby, Autumn & Aubryn 014

Snack Time!

Abby, Autumn & Aubryn 015

Abi was so sweet and offered to feed Aubryn her snack. Lol, kids crack me up!

022720121209

Owen, Autumn, Jace & Aburyn playing!

022720121211

My attempts to get a picture of these three was not very successful.

022720121210

See what I mean. They are all wiggle worms. Haha.

022720121212

Mark, Owen and Jace playing trucks and cars together. They are all total boys!

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: